Cory Monteith Death Report

Injecting Heroin, Slamming Alcohol

Before Death

10/2/2013 1:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1002_cory_montieth_gettyCory Monteith was shooting heroin and downing champagne in his hotel room on the night of his death ... this according to the final coroner's report obtained by TMZ.

The "Glee" star was discovered alone in his hotel room in Vancouver, Canada on July 13 shortly after noon.

When responders arrived to the scene, they discovered a "spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle."

They also found 2 empty champagne bottles and glasses.

The coroner lists Monteith's official cause of death as "mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol."

The report also notes that Cory "had a history of illicit drug use with intermittent periods of rehabilitation and of abstinence from drugs."

The coroner suggests that Cory's tolerance for substance abuse may have been lower than usual because he had stopped using since a rehab stint in April.

Monteith was 31.

0716_cory_monteith_remembering_footer

Barry

DRUGS ARE GOOD........Maybe not.

wildeyedsouthernboy

Report = OD'd

Em

For crying out loud, he struggled with this addiction since he was 13. It was obviously a serious problem (and he obviously had a difficult childhood). Have some sympathy. Drug addiction isn't something that's easy to overcome and a lot of people lose their life to addiction, not just celebrities. He tried (like many) to overcome it but didn't. I'm sorry he died because he had a great future ahead of him. RIP Cory.

George

Dumber than a bag of hammers!

anonymous

and the idiots in hollystupid actually gave this guy a special shout out. Sorry, but her was an addict like a lot of the other young people there. SAD and true. Hollywood has become nothing but a huge enabler for these people and their egos.

RJ

May he rest in peace .....

chris

get the fk over it already. Another "celebrity" junkie bites it. NEXT

Sue

Hum... it said there were bottles and glasses discovered in his hotel room. Sounds to me he had company. Who was that and who flew the coup before his body was discovered??

rosemary hirsch

this is a tragic story of a man tormented by inner demons. I just attended a funeral of a young friend who died of alcohol poisoning. No intervention was possible. This guy divorced his wife, sold the beautiful home he built, gave up a great career so he could stay in an apartment and drink vodka and beer.

Katie Perry's Mini Bar Snatch

Irony: Rehab killed him.

gailearls

Yeah its sad he died.but it was his choice to use. I had a friend die waiting to get into rehab. And he could have had the best.

Ciccel

I'am so sorry for the lose of Cory . i Two am alcholic

Wendy D.

I don’t understand how such personal details that should be kept within the safety of family and friends are available to the public- the media, including this site, use disgusting phrases like “slamming alcohol” and "downing champagne" to exploit the death of another human being. The misinformed general population call him a “junkie” and a “loser.” Famous, not famous, there is such a pathetic failure to raise awareness around the disease of addiction and such a cold, brutal response from those who have never had to live with that mental obsession. I wish I could take every person who has made an obnoxious comment about drug addicts and give them just ONE MINUTE of what it is like to recover from that urge. I promise they would fold before anyone. I am five years sober and regardless of how hard I work my 12 Step program, I am ALWAYS one sip away from a relapse. Always. It takes one vulnerable moment to fall back and relapse is often a part of long term recovery. Unfortunately, Monteith’s relapse killed him. That doesn’t make him a bad person, it makes him a person who tried to fight a vicious disease that won this time. Every breath I take is a gift and people would be better human beings if they showed a level of compassion in their ignorance around this disease. The arrogance and cruel comments I’ve been reading on other sites have been truly shameful. My thoughts are with his family and friends who I know are doing everything to preserve his memory. The armchair commentators sitting at home in their underwear passing judgment on something they know absolutely nothing about need to shut their mouths and work on their own lives. This was a beautiful soul who was clearly loved by those who knew him and those who just admired him. He deserves to be remembered as such and not from these unnecessary details that should have been kept private.

zeke was here