Cory Monteith Death Report

Injecting Heroin, Slamming Alcohol

Before Death

10/2/2013 1:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1002_cory_montieth_gettyCory Monteith was shooting heroin and downing champagne in his hotel room on the night of his death ... this according to the final coroner's report obtained by TMZ.

The "Glee" star was discovered alone in his hotel room in Vancouver, Canada on July 13 shortly after noon.

When responders arrived to the scene, they discovered a "spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle."

They also found 2 empty champagne bottles and glasses.

The coroner lists Monteith's official cause of death as "mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol."

The report also notes that Cory "had a history of illicit drug use with intermittent periods of rehabilitation and of abstinence from drugs."

The coroner suggests that Cory's tolerance for substance abuse may have been lower than usual because he had stopped using since a rehab stint in April.

Monteith was 31.

0716_cory_monteith_remembering_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Canadian

It was unfair that the Coroner's Office put his case to the top of the list, making other 'regular' people wait even longer to find out the cause of death of their loved ones.

Martina

I hate all the haters here!
I am waiting for a leaked photo of the crime Scene. I am sure TMZ is looking for that :-(
I was not a fan of him, I think he was a decent and humble human being with issues. But I think he fought hard to battle his demons. He had a relapse that sadly killed him,.
Still he did a lot of charity. For this he has my respect.
Shame on all the haters out there who seem to know better.
And it was the Emmy Jury to decide to do the Tribute. I still loved it and it was with dignity and the intend to raise awareness of addiction to drugs.
Cory was no Loser to me, He fought hard and he lost. No Need to put shame on a dead Person that was loved by many.

Martina

Hate him as much as you want. He was not perfect and had his flaws and demons he battled. Hard.
But he did more to charity in his life than most of you probably ever have. For this he has my respect.

Martina

All you haters. Are you happy now. Does your shallow life feeel better?
If so, ypu don't have a heart and I pity you.
Cory was loved by many. I did.
He was human after all. He battled the disease. He lost.
Please head over to Kim an Kanye, they have much more to yell about.

Corylover123

It's just so unbelievable that he is gone I loved him soo much :( I miss him like crazy

Tierrak1613

I myself have struggled with opiate addiction and this story is very touching. I'm going to go seek help for the first time since this issue occurred to get my life back and I do believe it has a lot too do with Cory's loss and just knowing how missed he will be by family, friends, & fans. Prayers go out to the family of him!!!!! God bless!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6