Cory Monteith Death Report

Injecting Heroin, Slamming Alcohol

Before Death

10/2/2013 1:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1002_cory_montieth_gettyCory Monteith was shooting heroin and downing champagne in his hotel room on the night of his death ... this according to the final coroner's report obtained by TMZ.

The "Glee" star was discovered alone in his hotel room in Vancouver, Canada on July 13 shortly after noon.

When responders arrived to the scene, they discovered a "spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle."

They also found 2 empty champagne bottles and glasses.

The coroner lists Monteith's official cause of death as "mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol."

The report also notes that Cory "had a history of illicit drug use with intermittent periods of rehabilitation and of abstinence from drugs."

The coroner suggests that Cory's tolerance for substance abuse may have been lower than usual because he had stopped using since a rehab stint in April.

Monteith was 31.

0716_cory_monteith_remembering_footer

Carlav1

Yep that'll do it!!! Loser!

D

Wasn't this already reported when he died?

KicksandGiggles

Ok - moving on. No need to hear about the drug addict any more.

She's baaaack

He was celebrating the Emmys I guess.

Dead account Delete at will

Ok so he was stupid and dead. So what? Had to look that nobody up.. Glee LOL. Ya like he was going places..
And see just what I said about Lindsay. They don't go to rehab to get clean they go to lower their tolerance so they can get higher again. This dope was just a loser and didn't know to lighten his load.

samael

Again the emmy's saluted and applauded for a drug addict?

the show glee did a 2 hour special for a drug addict?

nevermore

I still think it's sad...

michael

Loser died alone...

Rhubino

He should have listened more to Frank singing "I Get a Kick Out of You".

Duke Steele

So, like I said. He was a JUNKIE.

AnomanderRake

A 31 year old playing a high school student sounds about right.

Zangabean

He was sick like most of this country no need to exploit his reasoning for death for everyone to know. So many ignorant people making comments apparently have never came across a drug addict that they cared for it's very sad!!!!

Chase York

Oh TMZ always on the ball with the top stories

ELC

Let me see he injects himself with heroin, drinks himself blind with liquor and he gets a tribute on the award shows. Do you see anything wrong with this picture?I do...this lowlife was given more respect than actors who really deserved it. How shameful was that?

msteve

Hollywood and America really needs to stop celebrating and glorifying these junkies. It really isn't that hard to just say no. I'm sorry I don't buy that predisposed crap. My dad was an addict with cocaine and my mom has smoked cigs all my life do I do either? Nope because I KNOW drugs kill and so do cigs. Personal responsilibity is a must and adults need to own it and just do better.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments