Maino

Rapper ARRESTED in NYC

You Can't Be Driving That Bentley

10/14/2013 5:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1014-maino-arrested-tmz
update_bar6:45 PM PT -- Maino tells us he already entered a guilty plea and paid a fine. He also claims he's gotten his license back since the arrest.

One thing hasn't changed -- he has NOT put a front license plate on his Bentley Continental, because Maino says he's not drilling any holes in his whip.

0314_divider_graphic
Maino
-- the rapper behind the 2009 hit "All The Above" -- was arrested in NYC recently after cops say he was cruising around in a pimped out Bentley he had no business driving in the first place, TMZ has learned.

We've confirmed ... Maino -- real name Jermaine Coleman -- was initially pulled over around 10:54 PM on September 25 after cops say he was driving his 2008 Bentley around without a front license plate.

101413_maino_launch
During the stop, cops discovered that Maino's license had been suspended for a previous incident -- and he shouldn't have been driving ANY vehicle ... let alone one without a license plate.

Maino was eventually taken into custody for driving on a suspended license. He was booked and released ... and he's due back in court in November.

It ain't Maino's first brush with the law -- the guy was popped for driving on a suspended license once before in 2010.

Oh, and he also served a 10-year prison stint for kidnapping and robbing a drug dealer.

KARMA K

Idiot!

KARMA K

;-)

Dead account Delete at will

Love how he knows its illegal to not have a front license plate but yet he still continues to keep the car in a manner he'll continue to get pulled over from lack of screwing the plate on. But yet im sure he'll say the cops were picking on him.

EnquirerLover

Alright now. When you haven't been in the news in years. I think it's fair to say "Man gets arrested". Music is full of one hit wonders, isn't it?

Dave

You're missing the main point -- no self-respecting rapper would be seen driving a 5 YEAR OLD Bentley.

joke

This guys rap career as been buried years ago. He stinks

The world is disgusting

Kidnapping? Loser.

Waltz

Arrested for a suspended license and no plate....only in murica

OG

Where does TMZ find all these NOBODIES?

Amber Olson

WHO IS THIS GUY? WHAT A DUMBASS

smurfya

Do rappers no none knows about intentionally get arrested to get their name in the news? Although let's be honest, this isn't exactly news.

Mark Kelley

Crazy, last week I was pulled over here in Decatur Texas. Cop pulled a u turn, nearly causing an accident, tires smoking, lights flashing sirens blazing as I turned into my local Lowes store. I got out to go in the store when "Barney" pulled up. He jumped out of his car and lunged toward me. I said hey, how are you ? and he said "did you know your inspection was out of date". ? "I said nope" and looked, yup was due in March. He screamed sticks out like a sourer thumb. I said "not sourer enough I guess". He let me go with a warning, but I still wonder if it was really worth almost killing people in on coming traffic to pull me over and let me know this. Yes I went straight and had my truck inspected after that.

KARMA K