Tim Meadows

'I Will NEVER Watch SNL Again'

12/9/2013 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

120913_snl_bill_brasky_launch
Tim Meadows WENT OFF on "Saturday Night Live" this weekend -- saying he'll NEVER WATCH THE SHOW AGAIN after they excluded him from a throwback sketch.

Meadows -- who appeared on the show from 1991 to 2001 -- swore off the show after watching the "Brasky Bar Guys" bit ... a reoccurring sketch he often appeared in during his time with the show.

Meadows tweeted: "They did Brasky without me" ... adding, "Not even a 'hey would you want to come to do one line and bring your kids to see the 5 directions...?' Nothing... Wow..."

"I will never watch SNL again."

Meadows also explained why he thinks he's persona non grata -- and it traces back to his movie, "The Ladies Man."

"Sorry the ladies man bombed," Meadows wrote ... "If it would have done better they wouldn't treat me like a red-headed step child."

After the rant, Tim cooled down and seemed to back off his comments ... saying, "I'm not mad at the show. I know what it takes to produce those sketches in a short amount of time. I talked to a friend on the show who said it WAS a last minute sketch."

"I acted like a baby. I'm happy for all of my friends success and will always be grateful and proud to have been a part of SNL. That being said don't forget to see 'Anchorman 2' coming soon to a theater near you."

Fun Fact: "The Ladies Man" bombed so bad it took SNL 10 years to make another movie.

1209-subasset-tim-meadows2

StevenB

Can't you just not watch for the same reason most of us stopped watching a couple of decades ago? Because it hasn't been consistently even 'okay' for that long and consistently funny for several years longer.

TruthTeller

Anyone who knows real comedy does not watch SNL anymore anyways. They stopped being funny in the late 90's.

Susan

Cry baby!!!!

Lori

I saw him in an interview recently and he complained about a lot of stuff... namely PILLOWS. I had no idea he was such a jerk... maybe that is why they didn't call him back.

YouDontSay

It's ok Tim. Your feelings were hurt. We have all been there. You are still talented!

Room 714

Was the bit even funny? That show quit being laughable a long time ago.

Dom The Mover

Tim, be happy you weren't in the lame sketch

DrTyrell

The Ladies Man rocked. People are just ignorant these days.

AMT_30

The Ladies Man is one of my favorite movie. I love you Tim!

G-nome

"You tried to oil me up,thats not cool".

Buck Boy

He could be Carrie Underwood's date at the Sarah Palin University for Victimization Prom Dance.

The could get drunk on cheap Whine and pray for the meanies a/k/a people with taste.

John

Lady's Man was better than most of the films they did...

Crackface_McGee

Who is Tim Meadows?

Americentric

An open letter to Tim Meadows from the SNL Diversity Department

Dear Tim Meadows,

It was a total oversight not to include you, we would also like to take this opportunity to apologize for all those times we didn't invite you to lunch, again - totally accidental.

It was a last minute skit and we knew although we were able to contact everyone else, you would be way too busy with your er hectic work schedule.

We would would also like to let you know in advance, just so there will be no confusion, we will also be accidentally not inviting you to any other future sketches. And please don't bother to stop by with the kids, security has been alerted.

We wish you the best with all your future endeavors,

Sincerely,

SNL Diversity Department

Ex

Pathetic, never thought you'd hit this low, huh tim?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3