Phil from 'Duck Dynasty'

Man Ass Can't Compare to Vagina

12/18/2013 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1218-phil-robertson-01

update_graphic_red_bar
4:55 PM PT --
A&E just dropped the hammer on Phil ... putting him on indefinite hiatus. The network says its disappointed by his anti-gay comments -- which are his own personal beliefs and not reflective of "Duck Dynasty" or the network.  A&E says it supports the LGBT community.

update_graphic_red_bar
8:15 AM PT --
Phil's trying to backpedal by releasing a statement through A&E in which he says, "I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me."

But he's still doing some thumping ... adding that the Bible teaches "women and men are meant to be together."
update_grey_gray_bar "Duck Dynasty"
 patriarch Phil Robertson is blasting gays ... and not in the usual Bible-thumping way -- instead he's going off about the benefits of vagina as compared to a man's a**hole.

Robertson went on a rant about religion, homosexuality, and a bunch of other things in an interview with GQ -- saying, "It seems like to me, a vagina -- as a man -- would be more desirable than a man's anus. That's just me."

He adds, "There's more there! She's got more to offer. I mean, come on dudes! But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man."

Phil continued his verbal attack by claiming society's become too accepting of sin. He says, "Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and those men ... they won't inherit the kingdom of God. It's not right."

As for whether his comments will affect "Duck Dynasty" ratings -- Phil doesn't seem concerned about the show's long term future, saying ... "It's a TV show. This thing ain't gonna last forever. No way."

So, we gotta ask ...

Dale

It's not surprising he has this viewpoint when you see the ugly hillbilly asses he calls family/friends.

gvontees

Amen...people are way to ok with sin start off with all these gay men like WTH there loud obnoxious all then do is wine and complain and try to act like woman with a dick like your not a bitch so don't act like one gay people so annoying

Dana

We are all entitled to our opinions.

M.K

To be comparing it ... he must be thinking about it quiet a bit ....... I wonder how he knows ?? unless his experienced a mans ass in his dick??

PondScum

How did you think this bunch of rednecks were gonna feel about the subject?

Brien

When will celebrities learn to keep their personal opinions to themselves?

soright

I love those guys, and these comments by him won't change how I feel. I must say, I respect people who say what they feel, instead of making everything "pc" and being a closet homophobe, or racist, or whatever they are against. It doesn't mean he hates the gay folks, it just means he finds what they do puzzling, if not disgusting, as do many people. It's best to keep one's feeling to yourself about most things, but if questioned, why not be honest? Would you rather he lie?

gmcorbin

The Man told the Truth! He was asked and he answered! And the folks who watch DD feel the same so SORRY, They are not going anywhere!

abby

You're quite the a55 yourself.

Michele

People might disagree with him now, but in the end I promise you'll wish you listen to him. I would rather be on God's side than trying to be popular.

pattin

Hes lucky hes straight. No gay man would want his nasty *ss. He looks like a homeless crack head and prob smells. Vile hillbilly trash

Liz

He's absolutely correct!!! Absolutely!

urnexx

I adore this guy! He stands for good old fashioned values and Ican support that! But Ialso don't concern myself with what grown people do in their bedrooms at night. That's none of my bizness!

Tona

Love them people and will still be watching!! He dont care about the show, he cares about what God says.

M.T

So what! Hes entitled to his opinion and atay true to his beliefs just like everyone else.