Philip Seymour Hoffman

Planning for Long Heroin Binge

2/3/2014 12:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0203_phillip-seymour-hoffman_getty
Philip Seymour Hoffman
was clearly prepping to use heroin for the long haul before he died, because we now know ... cops found approximately 50 heroin bags in the NYC apartment.

Law enforcement sources initially put the number of bags at 10 ... but now we know the number is 5 times that.  Our sources say a number of the bags were full ... along with a number of unused needles.  The upshot ... Hoffman was ready for a heroin binge.

This makes the story about a possible drug deal at an ATM Saturday night even more interesting ... if Hoffman purchased a large quantity of heroin.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

jackmama311

you don't need to post all details of this man's tragic death, let the family have some peace.

Poppy

What a good role model for his children...said no one.

Klaus Heisler

Don't post that picture with this story.... Not cool very disrespectful. He was a very WELL known drug addict it's not news give his family a break.

Marcus

He had 3 young children. The only thing he should have been planning was to stay clean and healthy. Idiot!

James R. - Los Angeles

Although he looked 60+, 46 year old Hoffman did not die of a heart attack or a car accident or any natural cause. He died of a DRUG OVERDOSE! Apparently, drugs were more important to him than being with his kids. I won't miss him.

Cracker2225

Heroin dealers and smugglers should all be put to death.

Kingsalami

tmz wil now pound this story into the ground.

Holy moly

The sad thing about these stories is that the addicts die and leave their families with a huge mess. Prayers go out to his family because at the end of all of this, they are the real victims.

Mumra the Ever Living

Earlier today I wrote here telling TMZ to stop beating this dead horse of a story - that this poor man succumbed to his demons and to just let out one tiny piece of crap after another was just wrong and disgraceful.
I got a ton of HATES and my own personal troll telling me this was a gossip site and to shut up.
Now do you see what I mean?

Max

Rest in peace, dear soul. Rest in peace.

Pillsbury Pancakes

I do the same thing with buttermilk donuts, sugar cookies, Verona cookies, lucky charms, ice cream and cake. Stock up and binge out for days on end. The only after effects are monkey butt and impending diabetes. And I can get my fix at Safeway.

Dog And Pony

But he didn't plan for the *longest* heroine binge ... death. What a waste of talent.

Detroit Alyssa

Well there goes that @nof @the Zombie

Vote2012

Sad...but that is what happens when you get hooked on drugs, it does not matter if you are rich or poor, black or white. You end up in a body bag.

firebaby

omg now my life is complete.... i thought he only died a little, with 10 bags, but now i know he died a whole lot, cause he had 50 bags....
seriously, the man's body is barely cold... we don't need updates on every aspect, he'll still be dead...
RIP Phillip, my condolences to your family...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments