Philip Seymour Hoffman

2 Alleged Drug Dealers Targeted in Police Raid

2/5/2014 6:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0204_HOFFMAN_DRUG_BUST_LAUNCH
New York cops have just made 4 ARRESTS in connection with Philip Seymour Hoffman's death … Law enforcement sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ.

Our sources tell us … police have obtained a search warrant and are currently on scene at a NY apt. We're told police are targeting two individuals who they believe sold PSH heroin.  Sources say cops raided 3 units in the same building.

Sources also tell us … someone involved in the heroin market in NYC contacted police and gave them the names and addresses of two alleged drug dealers who pushed the drug.

We're told the heroin user told cops he buys from the same dealer Hoffman frequented and sometimes saw Hoffman in the dealer's apartment.  The informant says Hoffman would buy "bundles" of heroin at a time ... twice a week.

Sources say the informant told cops ... the alleged dealer -- a musician for a famous rapper -- would sometimes run out of his supply and use a secondary dealer, who sold "cheap s**t heroin" that was dangerous.  And the informant says ... Hoffman would get the secondary supply.

Four suspects are now in custody.  Law enforcement tells us all 4 were arrested for drugs found in the apartment units.

update_graphic_red_bar
10:15 PM PT -- Sources tell us 3 of the suspects are men ... 1 woman -- and officers found nearly 350 glassine baggies filled with heroin.  We're told one of the men -- Robert Vineberg has played sax for Mick Jagger, Amy Winehouse, Wyclef, Tom Jones and David Bowie. He's been charged with felony drug possession.

Story Developing ...

020414_psh_raid_launch

Joy

Well isn't that nice, someone famous dies from drugs and the cops jump on it. Joe Blow dies and nothing is done about it.

justthefacts

So what we are saying is PSH's dealers were responsible for his death because of HIS drug addiction? If the NYPD had caught the dealers before his OD then all of the customers (drug addicts) of THAT dealer including PSH would have just quit using drugs? Are drug dealers REALLY bad people because they take advantage of a business prospect? Like any other business (legal or not) they are supplying a product that is in demand. Like any other business, there is competition. I love fast sports cars. Cars can kill people and its said that driving too fast can kill people. I'm addicted to speed. If I crash and die, is the dealership (business) responsible? Did they turn me into an adrenaline junky? What (besides the law) makes the auto dealer innocent and a drug dealer guilty if someone dies. I work hard in life and don't want to be addicted to drugs but I am addicted to fast cars. So regardless of the law I don't do drugs but I have a fast car. If my auto dealer goes out of business, I'm getting my fast car somewhere else. If you don't understand the concept, then forget it. I'm giving up my addiction to drive fast. I'm just going to buy a bike somewhere else.

Claudia

There's no one to blame!

justthefacts

I've got to add to my previous comment that PSH is one of my favorite actors regardless of his addiction. Isn't everyone addicted to something!? I have many addictions, none of which are illegal. Ok, except for speeding. Does that make me any better than a drug addict?...........Oh wait. I was a heroin ADDICT twelve years ago. I remain friends with some of my past dealers. None of them made me become an addict so blaming them would insane. They provided me with a product I could have attained from any of the other 200, 000 drug dealers in the city.

darren

thats bull.what if it was a homeless person that died.bet you no one would get arrested.they make too much money and deserve it.smoke weed you celebrity idiots.

darren

who is next.if they can't handle life ,they can't handle drugs.if he wanted to feel good about himself than he should of helped people in need.celebrities only give to charity for a tax break.if its a big problem than they should be drug tested and if they fail don't hire them.

Judy

Ignorance is really bliss. YOu people bitching about them areesting these pushers because this guy was a star and bull****. They went after them because they are selling smack that is killing people. They cut it with stuff that kills. This guy didnt overdoe he was killed because of the crap they put in the H. So this means they are selling bad crap and there will soon be hundreds of peiople dropping dead with needles in their arms, MY GOD I have never seen so many ignorant people in one blog. It isamazing just how low we are in our education system that people cannot figure out HWY the cops are arresting these morons. THEY are KILLING people They are so brazen they even put little stamps on their bags so people knoww who to get the drug from. AND you people are compalining about arresting them> What we havea room full of junkies? Cops should look these comments and trust me they can come andd visit you andI hope they do arrest you for ignorance for being drug addict or both. Of course it is no illegal to be a drug addict only to possess that drug.

sieben13

Hundreds die each and every day and no one cared ,now a celebrity dies and its all out war on drugs . "HYPOCRISY"

BR

Yeah and his so called friends & other actors who were boo-hooing over his death - oh he was such a brilliant actor - he was wonderful actor - oh he kicked the habit, blah blah blah - you know everone one of them knew he was a druggie - that is why he never got big staring roles and why he was only a charactor actor... He knew what he was doing from the get go and know there is no way he could have kicked the habit for years and just go back into it - from what they found he never stopped using. It's sad when people want to end their lives like that - I woudln't want to be remembered as dying from a drug overdose.

Rob

if you think about it. Would he be who is was without the heroin? Are they arresting the people who "inspired" him?

How come drugs are all over the street with tons of knowledge about who, what, where, when.... They are so desperate to blame someone when celebrities dies but couldn't care less about the rest of us. Cops are such a disgrace these days. even in this situation. DO SOMETHING SOONER YA DAMN PIGS.

TED

Heroin... the drug of choice for REALY stupid people. With all we know about this drug, how stupid do you have to be to even think about using it? Same goes for crack, and meth. Heroin is not glamorous or trendy ...its the mark of the self-indulgent and selfishly stupid, and only goes to prove that you can have talent and still be pathetic excuse for a human being. No sympathy here.

bradjud

if you bought a car awrecked it the next day do they lock up the car dealer..????

john

This is why poor people and especially black people feel left out. How many poor people have died in the past year and how many times have the police arrested anyone for their deaths? especially in just two days, the man killed himself by overdosing. He had everything going for him including the funds to go to rehab. I don't see why he is any more important than anyone else.
It's not even sad, it's pathetic.

Janet

Peoplel shouldn't judge other people. No one knows what problems that person is going through. R.I.P.

studio42

Awwhhhh......just another dealer on a rock star tour.