'Monster-in-Law' Arrest

Woman Jailed

For Overdue Video Rental

2/15/2014 9:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0215-monster-in-law-01
An out-of-business video store in South Carolina just taught a former customer a very hard lesson -- DON'T BAIL ON RETURNING VIDEOS OR YOU'LL BE ARRESTED!!!!!

Kayla Finley was arrested Thursday when she visited the Pickens County Sheriff's Office on an unrelated matter ... and according to reports cops discovered she had a nearly 10-year-old warrant.

Turns out Kayla allegedly rented "Monster-in-Law" from Dalton Video in 2005 but never returned it ... so the store owner got the police involved before going out of business.

It's unclear when Dalton Video went out of business ... but cops say they've been trying to get in touch with her about the warrant for years and never heard back.

Kayla swore she never got a notice -- but was hauled off to jail anyway ... and released a few hours later on bond.

The charge she's facing: "failure to return rented video cassette."

Fun Fact: "Monster-in-Law" has a 16% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Danielle

Same thing happened to me! My ex-roommates moved to Florida with the video and I had a warrant issued for my arrest. I had no Idea. I ended up paying over $800.00 in court costs and fines!

Joey Jr

Casey Anthony is laughing her ass off right now

abby

Incredible . . . as a taxpayer, why are we wasting money on this?

MrHarryBawls2016

Blockbuster would still be in business but they edited out scenes from their movies and always had the worst selection. Look for a great movie from the 70s or early 80s and chances are it wasnt there. I'm not interested in looking at 8 copies of the latest movie from jennifer aniston on your shelf. It was sort of like going to the McDonalds of video stores.

bonnie bell

Molesters, cheaters, whores, drunks and druggies are free but this lady is inn trouble? WTF!?

BostonGreekGirl

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? They arrested this woman over an overdue video from a store that went out of business? What's next getting arrested for an overdue library book? There are so many BIGGER and more IMPORTANT matters than this crap. Arrest real criminals like drunk drivers and rapists not petty BS like this. SMH

AwkwardCheerios

Casey Anthony is probably smoking a bowl while laughing her ass off.

August

I wonder how many people the bankrupted Video Store screwed over ...

WinterIsComing

Total waste of taxpayer resources.

Eye roll

What a waste of taxpayer money. This is a joke. I'm glad they caught her. What a danger to society

Livvie

Seriously? gmafb!

WinterIsComing

She better get what's coming to her! Unbelievable!! Lock her up and throw away the key, what a horrendous crime!!

Sunshine702

See that's what Lindsay Lohan is doing to stay out of jail-- Netflix

ImSoReal

This is the Most asinine thing I think I have ever heard. A movie.? 10 years later.??? It must be Really "S L O W" in that southern town. What are you in for.? I'm in for a DV rental.

factnopinion

J-Lo should pay that woman's bail and related expenses…watching that movie alone should be enough punishment for anyone.