Amanda Bynes

Mortified At Drake 'Vagina' Comment

2/26/2014 12:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0225_amanda_bynes_tattoo_akm
Amanda Bynes
has turned it around in a big way ... and one of the markers is that she is now remorseful about things she did and said when she was at her worst -- particularly her comment about Drake, "I want Drake to murder my vagina."

Sources directly connected with Amanda tell TMZ ... she is in the territory of being her old self again.  They say the fact that the Drake comment "horrifies her" shows she again has a sense of the difference between right and wrong.

But there's more.  We're told Amanda has stopped smoking weed, she's in the process of removing a number of inappropriate tattoos, and she's kind to people with whom she interacts.

Most impressive ... Amanda is now at FIDM -- the Fashion Institute of Design Merchandising in Orange County -- and she's become so self-confident she makes presentations to her entire class and freely interacts with her classmates.

TMZ broke the story ... Amanda was diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolarity.  It's apparent the meds and the therapy are working.

0131_amanda_bynes_through_years_footer

smorbie

This is good news!

Bill5martin

It is bipolar disorder. I have never heard it called bipolarity. I should know, because I am also diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I wish her the best.

verlinda

Good for you Amanda

yeahyeah789

My aunt says a study at the university she works at found that if you have any underlying mental issues like bipolar or schizophrenia smoking weed will make them surface so I reckon that's what happened to her

oh really

The murdering the vagina thing isnt the worst thing any of these people have said on twitter or anywhere else.
I really hope this young girl gets in life in order.
Mental illness is a terrible disease, and people misunderstand it alot.

emme

Bipolarity? really TMZ...not only do you need a lawyer on the show you need a psychologist as well!

billson1234

You people are such ****ing hypocrites she gets a pass but Chris brown who also has mental problems which he now takes prescription drugs for that seem to be working very well he hasn't got into trouble in how long now? Yet he is constantly ridiculed and people are praying for his down fall but Amanda once again gets a pass on everything she's done? Dui and all? Wow then when those blacks play the race card you wonder why they do it? Its because they're usually right

BigSamStewart

I wish she showed her jugs while she was still whacky.

jjbythesea

Good for her! Wishing her the best.

sh

Great news on all counts. Good for her! Hopefully she continues on so that 2013 is just a memory for her.

Shaquille O'Neal

You go girl!!!!

PowRightInTheKisser

Yeah! Go Amanda! I have a gigantic smile on my face.

HngBlkBtm

Good for her.

skittlesbreaker19

I could really care less about this has been. Mental illness or not.... Her biggest stardom comes from being a schizoid

anonymous

I'm so, so happy for this woman. She has come a long way since her break down. I hope she stays on track and gets her degree. She'll be fabulous.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments