Jimmy Fallon

NBC Threatens Celebs ...

It's Fallon or the Highway

3/6/2014 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0305_jimmy_fallon_nbc_composite3
NBC
is coming down like a hammer on celebs who want to get on Jimmy Fallon's show ... if they dare do a show on CBS or ABC ... they can forget about "The Tonight Show."

Sources connected to CBS, NBC and ABC tell TMZ ... the Peacock network believes Jimmy Fallon's ratings success gives them extreme bargaining power.  They put the word out to celebs, agents and publicists ... if they want to be on Fallon they can't appear on ANY other network ... and not just shows that go head-to-head with Jimmy, but morning shows as well.

We're told NBC is saying the stars who go on Fallon are also allowed to appear on "Today," "Dateline" and any similar shows they air, but that's it.

A GMA source tells TMZ ... they've already gotten fallout from people they were trying to book.

Fallon is dominating late night .... crushing Jimmy Kimmel by bringing in more than twice the number of viewers.

0306_jimmy_fallon_guest_footer

Hot Mom ...

or HOT MESS?!

Your mom may have been embarrassing, but could you imagine one of these moms dropping you off at school?! Pam Anderson, for example ...

From Fox 411: "Pammy is really good about attending her boys' sporting events, but she doesn't exactly fit in with the other soccer moms."

Click through to Fox 411 to see what some Hollywood kids have to deal with on a daily basis!

barbara rubinstein

What NBC is threatening to do should be illegal. At the very least it is immoral.

j sabo

what if your 1 of the 50 former SNL cast with more talent this turd (stole Sandler routine) - even them? Or his girl friend J Timberlake?

MadCharles

Minnie Putin

Ronald

this is why fans of the true Tonight show w/ Jonny Carson and Jay Leno are no longer watching your progr remember times when Your statiion was fair and had some integrety, now you have none. KGB MUCH

jamie

NBC has some big balls to go with their empty heads.

womantrvlr

NBC has a lot of money riding on Jimmy Fallon. I sure hope this story is not true. How can NBC intimidate stars?

Jim S.

NBC is going to tell George Clooney, Brad, Pitt, Oscar winners this? If I was David Letterman, I'd be drooling at this moment. Maybe the Tonight Show host can interview the morning CBS weather folks. If I was a celeb, I'd I'd go other just to piss NBC off.

Michael Schlossberg

He isn't funny.I tried watching a few times and wondered about all the laughter.Maybe insider jokes.I'm done with him.Not for me.

Kevin PS

One quick way to bring NBC back to earth: All celebs should boycott Fallon until this nonsense. Nothing personal Jimmy but your network bosses are AH's.

Mike

Am i the ONLY PERSON that doesnt think Jimmy Fallon is funny? He just has good writers... As for the NBC "stipulations".... Thats just childish...

Jim S.

NBC is going to tell George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Oscar winners this? If I was David Letterman, I'd be drooling at this moment. Maybe the Tonight Show host can interview the morning CBS weather folks. If I was a celeb, I'd I'd go other just to piss NBC off.

Jim S.

yeah...Brad Pitt, George Clooney, and current Oscar Winners held hostage. I think Dave and Jimmy are thinking "BINGO!"

jamie

Where did NBC get a sack? they must have been taken over buy the Republicans.

Tennis Mom

He just lost me as a viewer. If you want to be like Obama, I'm out of here. WTF?

chefadam

. Will never watch this show now that they are extorting guests. Took a week for him to become a douchebag! Must be the curse as Lenno was a douche as well.

Previous 15 Comments | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments