Jimmy Fallon

NBC Threatens Celebs ...

It's Fallon or the Highway

3/6/2014 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0305_jimmy_fallon_nbc_composite3
NBC
is coming down like a hammer on celebs who want to get on Jimmy Fallon's show ... if they dare do a show on CBS or ABC ... they can forget about "The Tonight Show."

Sources connected to CBS, NBC and ABC tell TMZ ... the Peacock network believes Jimmy Fallon's ratings success gives them extreme bargaining power.  They put the word out to celebs, agents and publicists ... if they want to be on Fallon they can't appear on ANY other network ... and not just shows that go head-to-head with Jimmy, but morning shows as well.

We're told NBC is saying the stars who go on Fallon are also allowed to appear on "Today," "Dateline" and any similar shows they air, but that's it.

A GMA source tells TMZ ... they've already gotten fallout from people they were trying to book.

Fallon is dominating late night .... crushing Jimmy Kimmel by bringing in more than twice the number of viewers.

0306_jimmy_fallon_guest_footer

Hot Mom ...

or HOT MESS?!

Your mom may have been embarrassing, but could you imagine one of these moms dropping you off at school?! Pam Anderson, for example ...

From Fox 411: "Pammy is really good about attending her boys' sporting events, but she doesn't exactly fit in with the other soccer moms."

Click through to Fox 411 to see what some Hollywood kids have to deal with on a daily basis!

Tom

I find it hard to believe he had 8M viewers when there are 300 better channels to watch

slave2mypc

The height of arrogance!

valerie

Talk about GREED!

Cheryl

This in itself would give me incentive to watch every show on every station EXCEPT NBC. Anybody who comes off so Republican and dictatorial is someone I will avoid like the plague. I refuse to allow FOX on my TV for those reasons. This guys LOOKS aren't even appealing.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

That's real stupid. I suppose that will include limiting their upcoming movie release/promotions as well to a certain network and affiliates.

fandinomia

Wow.. I wouldn't doubt it. Its nbc.. I can't believe they could threaten people like that and not expect some angry reactions. Fallon is way too much of a suck up to me. I basically switched to kimmel for that reason. At least kimmel doesn't get on his knees when he's kissing a**.

Wellington

In years past and on other shows it's the hosts who make booking policy. It's just shows that Fallon is a Lorne Michaels/NBC puppet. I'm sure SNL is also on the list of shows celebrities will not be allowed on if they appear anywhere else. Fallon is the epitome of a spineless yes-man who will go along with anything his bosses say no matter what.

joseph a goetz

Fallon is OK, but when I hear screams and squeels from the audience it kind of gives me the impression that the very young or simple minded people are there. I guess I still prefer someone more like Carson or Leno. Fallon is a very talented guy and from the few times I've watched the show he tends to dominate all activity.

jwood1952

Sounds like something Obama would do.....NBC has to use this kind of low life ploy to get guests on Fallon....Screw NBC and screw Fallon. He's the biggest sell out on TV....Sucks up to the big boys to be a player.

cindy8w

Where do these NBC execs come from? The network still hasn't recovered from the mess they made with TODAY with the public embarrassment of Ann Curry. Then they pulled Leno for Conan and put Leno back on... They have to be living in their own universe where the oxygen is thin.

barbara wilson

He is an idiot if I where clebs I would tell the network unless they pay my salary where they could go.They fired Jay Leno for a idiot to act like a fool.Shame on them

DR. JERRY

I stopped watching the Tonight Show years ago anyway, so I don't who they have as "guests." The show is nothing but one big non-stop commercial. There are the lengthy "commercial breaks" that take up half of the air time. In between those you have celebrities trying to sell their latest movie or TV show. In this case Fallon is just being a good corporate flunky and selling nothing but his network's programming.

dick lossen

Jimmy Fallon represents a Monopolistic stance and that's Anti-American!
Hope Stars resist his approach!!!!!

CelebrityScum

Just wait a couple of months after the sheeps realize Fallon is a bore.

Bossy Potato