« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Clinton Portis

Tight Pants Don't Make You Gay

They Make You Fashionable

3/11/2014 12:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0311-clinton-portis-instagramSkinny jeans don't dictate sexual orientation ... so says ex-NFL running back Clinton Portis who tells TMZ Sports he's already prepping for a wave of homophobic hate over his extremely tight pants.

The former Washington Redskins superstar rocked his new look during an appearance on the NFL Network last week ... and people instantly went to Twitter to deliver the gay jokes, such as:

-- "Clinton Portis dressing like he heading to the local gay bar & sh*t!!"
-- "Clinton Portis pants on nfl am gay as sh*t."
-- "Is Clinton portis Gay cause what he have on is wow Lmbo"

But Clinton tells TMZ Sports it doesn't bother him ... saying, ""People are really judgmental. They'll make comments, but I'm comfortable with myself. I know I like girls. I felt good about the outfit."

Portis -- who notes he bought the entire outfit at Zara for $300 (including the shoes) -- says, "People say 'I can't believe you wore that.' Give them some time and everyone will be wearing it."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Vote2012

Is he a closet gay slowing coming out to the world? Maybe he is just another retired NFL player looking for media attention.

vidsoon

Gay.

lndn

Skinny jeans on guys started with gay men wearing womens jeans. I remember because back in 2005, my manager at J. Crew (who was gay) said that is how he got his pants to be so skinny--he was literally wearing womens' pants. The trend has just broadened to become more mainstream. So the trend really did start with gay men. Doesn't mean that you're gay, but you are wearing their style of clothes.

Wearing skinny jeans really only makes your a trend follower (not a trend setter or fashionable). Case and point: if no one made skinny jeans for men, would Clinton Portis actually go cop women's jeans/pants for the look? If the answer is no... then he is just another dude doing whatever society tells him to do--in this case, dress like most (not all) gay guys.

And mind you, I have PLENTY of homosexual friends, and I am in no way homophobic.

Max

I'm gay and I wear baggy jeans and I cannot fit in anything else, I just love them only baggy/cargo/palazzo or simply wide leg jeans (to the extreme).

J_roll8