John Mayer

Counterfeit Shmounterfeit

You WANTED Fake Rolexes

3/20/2014 12:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0319_john_mayer_watch_gettyJohn Mayer knew EXACTLY what he was getting when he bought Rolex watches that he now claims are fakes ... because he actually boasted on a message board he knew they were fakes ... this according to the lawyer for the watch dealer he's suing.

TMZ broke the story ... Mayer is suing Robert Maron, claiming he bought $5 million worth of Rolexes from him and some had counterfeit parts.

But TMZ has gotten hold of a letter Maron's lawyer, Eric George, sent to Mayer's attorney before the lawsuit was filed.  In the letter, George quotes a Mayer posting on a Rolex message board in 2007 stating he knew a certain type of Rolex -- called a Flat Dial -- contained "counterfeit" parts and some purists believed they were not true Rolexes.

But Mayer made it clear on the message board, he didn't care and wanted to snatch up as many flat dials as he could, saying, "Anyone who wants to sell me one of these watches can get these fake pieces off their hands and make a killing on it."

Mayer adds, "I will even accept a letter from you as a dealer releasing you from any liability in having sold me a counterfeit dial.  I will be buying these as counterfeits."

The upshot ... George says Mayer went into his dealings with Maron eyes wide open, and claiming now that he had no idea the pieces had "counterfeit" dials is just B.S.

0320_john_mayer_watches_rolex_photos_footer

Deer diary

damn john, if those quotes are true...you are ****ed!

Kobe_No_Means_No

I'm a watch collector and I know John's a real connoisseur in the art of timepiece collection. Most of you will never even come near a luxury watch, let alone wear one, so just trust me when I tell you that $5 mil for those classic Rolexes were fair market price. It's unfortunate that John got duped. He's a talented musician with an upscale hobby, no wonder the ladies love him.

Teresa andrews

Well, that's weird. If he knew he'd made these public postings, why would he think he could prevail in this lawsuit?

Champagne Jayne

I don't feel sorry for John Mayer.....he's subjected us to his fake music for years.

jackmama311

i ain't got time for this story...

HumanNature

JOHN MAYER ALWAYS LOOK "CHEAP"!!!!

Ace

My Rolex watch has has the engravers name on the back, his name is Timex.

Yurra Knutz

Men, want to know how to scare off a gold digger?
Wear a fake Rolex.

BLUE UGLY 💩

John Mayer is not only a douche but also a huge idiot

franklyspeaking

He needs the watch to time his penicillin smoothies.. #WwideManHoe

TuxThePenguin

bwaaaaap! what a dork!

The New Improved Sock Puppet

I like the watch in the picture a lot. Maybe because I couldn't afford to put out that much change for a Rolex and am of the mind that the time is the time no matter what the timepiece telling it is. I do like that watch. Going to have to show it to my wife.

Shoozie

Running out of money already, John?

spock

actually looking for fake rolexes?......bs .

who the heck collects fake rolexes unless you're on a walmart budget.

Keisha

John Mayer is an untalented moron. Eric George just schooled you. He is a phony and so are his watches. I bet Charlie Sheen doesn't have any fake Rolex watches. Charlie has one of the best watch collections in the world. I'm partial to Paddick Philippe over Rolex. Back in the day I collected Swatch watches.( That's all I could afford in Middle school and high school).

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments