Jay Z

Physically ATTACKED by Beyonce's Sister [VIDEO]

5/12/2014 8:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Jay Z Attacked By Solange Knowles
Jay Z was ferociously assaulted by Beyonce's sister Solange  ... who was wildly kicking and swinging at him inside an elevator ... and the attack was captured on surveillance video ... obtained by TMZ.

According to our sources, it all went down at a Met Gala after party last week at the Standard Hotel in NYC.  In the video ... Jay Z, Beyonce and Solange step into the elevator ... and then Solange goes crazy, screaming at Jay before unleashing a violent attack.

A large man -- who appears to be a bodyguard -- attempts to hold Solange back, but she manages to connect at least 3 times.  At one point Solange throws a kick and Jay grabs her foot, but never attempts to strike her.  Beyonce stands by without getting physically involved.

And this is interesting.  When you look closely, you see the bodyguard hit the emergency stop switch on the 12th floor -- mid fight -- presumably to keep the fight private.

At one point, Solange smacks Jay with her purse ... spilling the contents all over the floor of the elevator.

Eventually the group exits the elevator ... but not before Solange takes a few last shots.

All three walked out of the building together -- Solange looks pissed -- but while Bey and Solange get in one car ... security walks Jay to a different one.

It's unclear what triggered the fight.

0512_jay_z_solange_beyonce_fight_photos_footer
1974 COMMENTS

Tonedknee

There has to be a reason why, and I bet it could be a real big bombshell that only they know about...

Karen

Wow...shocking video. Solange is a class act...not!! TMZ good get.

BellaBoo

Woww. Coked-up crazy bitch.

nipples mugee

Is that chick wearing a shower curtain ? I'm guessing she is the mad sister whom has a successful sibling ?

lanie

Ghetto thug.. What's up with Beyonce just standing there? If that was my sister - I would have stepped in and kept them separated.. and told my sister to STOP.. Beyonce just stand there like a dummy..

jazzypisces317

the fight didn't bother Beyonce too bad because she went the the MetGala after party , and from pictures posted, she had fun.

dad

oooooo brotha

freespirit4

Wtf... goes to show you that women sometimes go a little too far because they know that men can't or won't do anything about it... She's just glad it was Jay Z and not Chris Brown cause get butt would've been wooped

JermaineJacksonsHairline

She will now be ousted like Daddy Knowles

Mike L

I'm sorry to everybody that I'm about to offend, but I would have knocked her out. Women want equality, I'll give it to them. If you assault me, I'm gonna pull the self defense card and fight back. Doesn't matter if you're a man or a woman.

malia

Bee let her sister do that!! I wish somebody would attack my man... they would get a beat down. Get your little sister in check!!

Kanga30

Maybe he forced her to wear that dress?

SusanCoyote

Bah ha ha ha! He is sooo disgusting! Bouncie and J-Zeeeee need to move to another Country. Fatty and Ghetto Boy have no business being here in the US.

puffanie9

I think he did something wrong like was messing with another chick or something along those lines! That's why Beyonce didn't cone to his rescue and if so lil sis had all the right

Shanx92

And they thought the elevator footage would never be released LOL. Beyonce didnt do a thing smh. Beyonce changed after she got w/ Jay Z. Im sure Solange never liked him. Killuminati