Shia LaBeouf

Chased Around a Homeless Guy

Hours Before Arrest

6/27/2014 8:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0627_shia_photos_launchBefore Shia LaBeouf got arrested and thrown out of a Broadway show ... he argued with a homeless guy on the streets of New York ... over a hat.

According to an eyewitness, a few hours before his arrest ... Shia confronted a homeless guy on the street. It appeared to the witness as if Shia thought the hat was his and Shia was trying to get it back.

You can see in the photos ... Shia is chasing after the homeless guy as he runs around holding the hat.

The eye witness tells TMZ, Shia was acting as if he knew the guy, but Shia seemed "whacked out" and was making no sense. The witness claims Shia kept saying, "It's me, Shia."

bring back recent posts

I don't know if this is drugs or he is having serious mental health issues. Clearly this is not a ego actor thing. Hope he gets help soon before he really goes off the rails.

Sin D

This is all a " Joquin Pheonix" type series of stunts. I'm calling him out.

kayyyy

Shia, Shia, Shia… PLEASE get it together. Seek some help and do what ya gotta do to get rid of whatever it is that is eating you up inside. I am rooting for you Shia, I really am! Sending lots of positive energy your way!

jasonluckydog

Which one is the homeless guy ???

PS

if only that homeless guy would have just beat the living daylights out of him i

Kim Lores Bodaglo

Seems he's having a mental break-down. This odd behavior had been going on some time now. Seems to me it's mental illness setting in.

Shotzie

Hello People! The only thing he's done in years is Transformers and guess what's opening up this weekend? What better way to make yourself relevant and put attention on you then to act like an ass. Well played Shia, well played!

PS

if only the homeless guy would have jumped him and pummeled him mercilessly

Marcus

It's sad to see him lose his mind. It's been clear that he has psychiatric issues. He needs help. Hope he gets it before it's too late.

Mel

This is actually pretty funny

Terri Schiavo

Until the article mentioned which was holding the hat, I wasn't sure which one was the homeless guy...

DaDa

Bath Salts are a helluva drug!

Na.na.na.na Booboo.....stick ya head in doodoo

The madness in fockwood aka tinsel town continues

lgwelsh1

It's me! Shia! WTF LOL

Terri Schiavo

Until the article mentioned which was holding the hat, I wasn't sure which one was the homeless person...