'The Wire' Star Anwan Glover

Stabbed and Beaten

Inside a DC Nightclub

8/3/2014 11:09 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0803-anwan-glover-getty-02"The Wire" star Anwan Glover was stabbed inside a Washington DC nightclub early Sunday morning.

Glover -- who played Slim Charles -- was in Cafe Asia when he claims 2 men started beating him.  He says he heard someone scream, "He has a knife," and then felt a sharp pain.

Glover -- who also appeared in "Twelve Years a Slave" -- was taken to a local hospital with lacerations and bruises.

It's unclear why the fight started ... or the relationship between the men who beat and stabbed him.

We're told Anwar is still in the hospital and currently undergoing some tests.

Anwar's rep says he appreciates everyone's concerns, adding, "It's helping him get through this."

Luckybadabing

Dang A person can't have fun without someone starting something

Imrich_bitch

They probably didn't like that scull cap he was wearing in da club. Ha ha

Jennifer

I say "who"?

UNLEVINED HARVEY

so did his mother not know how to spell and anwan wound up on the birth cetificate? i know that is the case with oprah. what is the draw at these clubs? lemmings .

bill_leslie

Let me guess, this joint is a sophisticated art space and was hosting a black tie wine and cheese tasting? No? Typical.

Mr.Biggz

@im rich I hope someone stabs you so we can laugh about it...I'm from dc and big g is very famous here because he is in a gogo band if you're not from dc you wouldn't understand get well bruh we're praying for a full recovery.

Lee

He got stabbed because he was there. Nothing good happens after midnight or in da club.

Sexy Stig

You know, Glover is lucky he didn't get shot given it was Washington D.C. Wish him a fast recovery and, honestly, he's very lucky.

namers

Shot, stabbed, beaten...just another day at the TMilitarizedZone.

BREAKFAST4

If he gave me that look, we'd throw down...

Bridget

Hope he is okay. But I have a quick question for the people that have seen "The Wire". I started watching it a few weeks ago. And to be honest, by episode 7 I was bored to tears and stopped. Does it get better? Should I try it again? Or am I supposed to find people getting beat up edgy? Because if the rest of it is anything like the first few episodes, I'm not interested.

Unbroken Chain

That show was awesome

watzitooya

Yikes!

baby

ghetto trash outing out in DC, who would have thought it?

Na.na.na.na Booboo.....stick ya head in doodoo

Stay home...