« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jags Lineman Collier Shot, Fighting for Life

9/2/2008 8:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jacksonville Jaguars tackle Richard Collier is fighting for his life after being shot several times early this morning.

Collier was waiting outside an apartment building when a gunman shot into the car he was in. A Sheriff's rep says the six-foot-seven, 300-plus-pound Collier was shot several times but it's not clear where he was injured. He was taken to a local hospital where his injuries have been described as "life-threatening."

The motive for the attack hasn't been determined, and an investigation is ongoing.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

April

Wow, like go ahead #12. I dont own any guns even though I should. "plow plow" could mean anything you paranoid person, it could mean heart attack, or choking on a pretzel. And to number 14, you are so right. White on white crime is so much worse and heanous. White crime makes me very sick too. Crime in general makes me sick .I actually am going to vote for Obama, really!! He makes so much more sense and he's hot! And to report to the FEDS HA! I am just a lil ole white woman with no criminal history just very opinionated.Even though it could happen, but who shot this guy? any perps yet?I would never want any harm come to Obama, he is a good man. He is a strong man. He is a smart man, I just go by history and how history repeats itself sometimes.Bush choked on a pretzel in his home and almost died remember that. Prayers to Richard Collier and his family.

Crabby

I love how news reports say "it's not clear" as a nice way to say "we don't know."

Top notch.

jagsgirl

All I see on here is people talking about black on black crime! That isn't really important, if you want to have a conversations about that do it somewhere else, not on this posting for Richard Collier. He has LIFE THREATENING injuries and all yall can do is talk crap! Good Job! You should be proud of yourself. As for me I will keep Richard and his family in my prayers for a quick recovery!

DUVAL COUNTY

I LIVE IN JAX AND 1ST OF ALL, ALOTTA THESE COMMENTS ARE MISGUIDED! THIS MAN IS FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE & ALL SOME OF YALL CAN TALK ABOUT IS WHATS WRONG WITH THIS TEAM! SINCE YOU DON'T LIVE HERE, LET ME GIVE YOU SOME GEOGRAPY, THE AREA OF TOWN WHERE HE WENT TO MEET THE YOUNG LADIES HAS MILLION DOLLAR HOMES ON ONE SIDE OF THE STREET & 2 BLOCKS AWAY IS THE HOOD, SO YOU TELL ME HOW THIS IS THIS MANS FAULT.. HE WAS SIMPLY MEETING SOME LADIES & SOME IGNORANT PERSON BE IT JEALOUS BOYFRIEND OR ROBBERTY ATTEMPT (WHICH I THINK SEEMS TO BE THE CASE) TRIED TO TAKE THIS MANS LIFE! SO HOW IN THE HELL DOES THIS PUT HIM IN THE WRONG? SURE HE COULD HAVE POSSIBLY MADE A BETTER CHOICE THAN WHAT HE DID BUT IM SURE MOST OF YOU ON HERE & SOME POINT & TIME HAVE MET SOMEONE & WANTED TO GO EAT AFTER ANIGHT OUT OR WHATEVER THE PLAN WAS.. EITHER WAY THIS MAN IS FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE & I KNOW HIM PERSONALLY..MY PRAYERS & THOUGHTS ARE WITH HIM & HIS FAMILY IN THIS CRISIS..MAY GOD BLESS RICH & BRING HIM THROUGH!

Bryant

Listen people.....crime is crime wether it is black on black white on white asian on asian. If you look at the crimes white folks do they are out of control. They want to kill kids and blow up buildings killling 30 40 50 people at a time. I do admit we are killing each other but arent all races you just dont hear about other races as much as blacks because the man likes to paint an ignorant picture of us. As far as OBAMA everything is right about this guy I mean everything..the funny part is even the KKK knows he is rght in everyway and even they are going to vote for him. Quite honestly I am going to vote for him because he is black because since I have been able to vote I have been voting for white men because I was forced to because nobody black even attempted much less thought about it. Now sinc e I have a chance to put a black man in office I am going to do just that call it stupid if you like I dont really give a damn. I have the opportunity to see history made and dammit I am gonna get him in office if it is the last thing I do. OBAMA YALL!!!!

moniqueca

black on black crime? thats nothin compared to jeffrey dahmer, HH Holmes,Gary Ridgway,Richard Speck ted bundy,david Berkowitz, ed gain, henry lee lucas and otis otoole (over 200 kills), pee wee Gaskins (over 100)., wayne williams, dennis Rader, robert pickton.,albert fish......and the list goes on...some of the worst serial killers in america quite possibly in the world are white.......choke on thos statistics....no one knows for sure weather this poor guy was killed by a black person....for all we know it could have been another white phsychopathic freak......

Reverend Smoke

N!#@!#z. Always in the wrong place at the wrong time. I am black, but I am sorry to say that black folk (football, basketball and any other professional sport) always seem to be in some kind of violent trouble involving women, drugs, gunz, night clubs.

Lets just be str8 up. Don't the others realize what is happening and avoid such venues?

I mean you are paid millions, bring the party home, travel abroad, why go to the same places where your haters are????

Of course you will get your a$$ shot!

I'm tired of hearing these stories, either this one is shot or this one got killed, I'm really tired.

I'm sorry for this dude but at the same time fellow black athletes need to use their sense of judgement, so far it seems like they don't have much of it.

We don't hear any white athletes getting into trouble - at most maybe some alchohol and driving. But tell me how many got shot at?

lefty

kinda wondering what this wealthy professional athlete was doing parked outside of a grunged-up, carboard apartment building at 2 in the morning.

Brooke

Other news articles have said that the apartment complex was in a middle to upper-class area. Richard is a nice guy. My husband was one of his coaches while he played football at Tyler Junior College back in 2003. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family for a speedy recovery.

moniqueca

oh sorry he aint dead , i should have said "shot not killed"....my bad....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2