« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Fired Cheerleader:

I Did 'Not See' the Swastika

11/5/2008 5:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The ex-New England Patriots cheerleader kicked off the squad for her role in a penis-happy, swastika infested photo scandal is finally talking -- and she's blaming the whole thing on bad judgment .... a really bad Halloween costume.

In a statement to TMZ, 18-year-old Caitlin Davis refuses to take responsibility for the offensive images drawn on a drunk guy who passed out at a party, because, "The kid in the picture was a 'drunk guy who passed out and was written on,' as his costume for the night."

It all went down in a dorm at Boston College. Caitlin claims, "Me and my girls left the dorm and went to another house and came back to the kid passed out on the futon we were suppose to sleep on. The guys ended up drawing more on him due to the fact that he was the first one to pass out on Halloween night ... At the time I had jumped in the picture with the kid, I didn't realize what had been drawn on him, which I take responsibility for not being alert."

She adds, "Me and my girlfirends [sic] took pictures with him because we found it humorous how badly he was drawn on."

More proof the Patriots are falling apart without Tom Brady.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

sick of political correctness

Give me a break.... she is 18 and in college, you pass out first you pay for it sometimes....they are 18 so of course its hilarious...I am sure she didn't sit and look at each thing that was drawn on him, it was more the "idea" of it that was funny to her...I am so far from white trash its not even funny and I am 39 years old and I was at a halloween party this year, and I did have too much punch and I passed out on the couch (which I never do) I woke up with cheese and salami all over me, they were throwing it at me and got a good chuckle over it, I woke up and looked at my camera and saw the pics, it was funny!! If the salami and cheese had landed in swastika formation, it still would have been funny, loosen up Boston.... People get pissed because they think they have to if anyone does something that may offend ANYONE, obviously the Nazi era was disgusting and horrible, but it was halloween and they were kids pulling a prank....she shouldn't be kicked off the squad or her whole being judged on one adolescent prank, there is a whole lot worse going on in Boston and I am sure much worse within the Patriots organization this bad graffiti on a drunk.

m

this girl marked this sleeping guy with hateful comments, swastikas, bigoted sayings using permanent magic marker. she then posed for a picture with pen in hand to take credit and posted her handiwork on the internet for all the world to see.
when is hate OK?
when is hate nothing more than a college prank?

what this girl did is ugly. that she's proud of herself is ignorant.
it is no NOT ok. she should apologize to the Boston Patriots, to the people of Boston, to this sleeping person, and to her family for showing how bigoted and ignorant she is. i'm ashamed she is American.

Stace

I am almost 30 an my friends and I have done this on several occasions. If you pass out, your game. We've drawn on people (dirty stuff), put make-up on guys, and silly clothes. And then "gasp" we post it on myspace and facebook. What''s the big deal?? It's funny as heck. Guess I won't ever run for office now.

pablochilla

I feel a bit sorry for the drunk guy, but this is a lesson learned for him, never be the first to pass out at a party! I'll bet he never does it again. Good times! Go Penn State!

Heather

Oh come on! Everyone has drawen on a drunk person before and if they havent they should. It washes off. Give a girl a freakin break!!!!

WTF

This is BS. i agree she was dumb to post the pics but she's 18. i bet %80 percent of people that commented badly about her did the same crap when they were her age. Did the kid press charges? he probably laughed about it. the person that wanted her fired is probably the same person helping players cheat through a piss test. all the problems in the world and they worry about that.

BEAR

She said she didn't do it...but she has a marker in her hand in the picture!

Zach Swan

She didn't know about the bad stuff written on that dude? Whatever. Look closely at the two pics that are floating around of her. She's holding a purple marker. In one, there's nothing on the dude's shoulder. In the next, there's a Star of David drawn in purple ink. Is that the only thing she has the skills to draw or is that her lame attempt at defaming a jewish person by branding him with that symbol? Racist. Bimbo.

Well, she's done with the NFL but still has a future as either an escort or a stripper.

Jamie

Wow,TMZ, what happened? Britney,Lindsay and Paris weren't out and about? No actual "celebrities" did anything shocking,or embarassing? I mean this is really scraping the bottom of the barrel!

lorri

Big whoop.........!

m

it gets me when people say she's only a kid. it's only a college prank.
most 18-year-olds can drink, drive, have sex -- all the things adults do.
why shouldn't she take full responsibility for her actions.
she's 18. not a kid anymore. you commenters who thing bigotry is ok for kids --
why don't you grow up. Hate is never OK.

Kelly

Jeez, did any of these righteous people go to college? I did way worse.

patilee

She didn't know anything about what was written? She was just posing for pictures? With a marker in her hand??!! A real credit to her family. They should be so proud.

A Mom

Yeah, and the person doing the firing is probably the same one overlooking the white lines on the coffee tables at the pro parties and looks yet the other way again at the married players and their groupies in the back rooms on the road. I tell ya, girls are treated like disposable coffee cups while neurotic, spoiled athletes get million dollar bonuses. Cheerleaders can't get no respect. Lol.

Sharona

I can't believe the hysteria over a common college prank. While I admit I didn't study the picture in depth, I didn't see any swastikas. I can't belive that anyone who has ever been a college freshman hasn't done something equally stupid.