« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Fired Cheerleader:

I Did 'Not See' the Swastika

11/5/2008 5:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The ex-New England Patriots cheerleader kicked off the squad for her role in a penis-happy, swastika infested photo scandal is finally talking -- and she's blaming the whole thing on bad judgment .... a really bad Halloween costume.

In a statement to TMZ, 18-year-old Caitlin Davis refuses to take responsibility for the offensive images drawn on a drunk guy who passed out at a party, because, "The kid in the picture was a 'drunk guy who passed out and was written on,' as his costume for the night."

It all went down in a dorm at Boston College. Caitlin claims, "Me and my girls left the dorm and went to another house and came back to the kid passed out on the futon we were suppose to sleep on. The guys ended up drawing more on him due to the fact that he was the first one to pass out on Halloween night ... At the time I had jumped in the picture with the kid, I didn't realize what had been drawn on him, which I take responsibility for not being alert."

She adds, "Me and my girlfirends [sic] took pictures with him because we found it humorous how badly he was drawn on."

More proof the Patriots are falling apart without Tom Brady.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

barry Gordy is genius

This trailer bitch looks like a man in the face... with long hair.

She probably has an Adam's Apple too. Sick.

Gem

Actually I would argue that drawing a swastika on a drunk guy disproves the bigotry notion: it was intended to be a source of embarrasment and shame for the passed out guy when he woke up. He would obviously want to wash it off and not be seen in public with it.

billybear

I bet she would not have been fired if she was a DALLAS COWBOY cheerleader.

skiski

Who cares??? She's a freshman in college. She's not the only one to draw on the drunk idiot. Pretty harsh getting fired for a harnless prank. A warning would havw been much more appropriate.

jBONES

All of the people who posted bad about this girl..... I have a fat penis for your forehead too

Barfalufugus

38. For those whining that it's just a college prank, OK it is. But if you pull a prank you risk the consequences. Doesn't matter if you're a good or bad person, everything has a consequence somewhere down the line. And really, if you can't grasp that, get yourself sterilized so you don't pass along self-centered irresponsibility to another generation. I'm sure the NFL has some sort of behavior standards and wants the best from those involved in the public eye.

Posted at 5:06PM on Nov 5th 2008 by kan
________________________________________________________
I agree. It was a prank. It was a stupid prank that got her fired. Anybody remember the airline stewardess that was fired for posing in the plane for her own blog photos? Those photos were nicer than the ones of this evil-eyed chick. If they did it, big deal...but the fact that she ws hired to publicly represent a team and she does something like this?

I shows "teamwork", but not the kind of team I would want to be on.

Besides, she's a moron...her and her girls? What inner city is Ms. Whitebread from?

m

it's sickening that some commenters say "what's the big deal? it's just a college prank."
this girl puts herself in the public eye and then proudly displays her hate on the net. my question is: did she learn to hate in college or was it just a result of growing up in Boston?
and stop with the college prank excuse: she is 18 years old. most likely she drives, she drinks, she has sex -- does all the things adults do. why shouldn't she be responsible for what she does? after all, she herself -- nobody else -- posed for this picture and posted it on the net. what's more -- she doesn't even look drunk -- she did this knowingly.
some people find her appalling. is her family proud of her now? if she had any class whatsoever she would issue an apology to this guy, to her family, and to the people of Boston. instead she defends her actions on TMZ in poorly worded English by saying she wasn't alert.
Why doesn't anyone care about the kid she victimized? this boy is wearing this stupid girl's writing on his skin. and it's swastikas, penises, and disgusting doodles. why is this ok? how is this funny?
wake up commenters. racism is never a joke. victimizing people is not funny.
commenters who hate may think it's ok -- are they all from Boston?

jBONES

Fat penis for M's face.... right on the cheek

Kristy

This is just silly. How many of us did the same thing in High School & College. Things are just out of hand. People can't even play anymore without people taking things completely out of context. THEY HAD A PARTY...DUDE SHOULDN'T HAVE FALLEN ASLEEP. And people are mad cuz there was a swastika drawn? GET OVER IT!!! PROVE SHE DID IT THEN BE MAD...but don't blame her just because she happens to be the one in the pic. How many pics were taken that haven't been posted? Geez...how silly! People really need to grow up before our New Muslim President takes over.

mamamama

How was she not responsible for the drawings when she is clearly holdin the markers used to write on this sucker???!!!!!! come on that was total bull$hit

m

The Boston Globe reports that Caitlin Davis vows revenge on the website that picked up on her story and posted it on their site:

The Patriots gave her the boot and now the sports blog reports the cheerleader and her boyfriend have promised to punish it for running the snapshots.
Caitlin has sworn vengeance against Deadspin — as did her equally unhappy boyfriend, who is currently deployed in the military — so we’ll see if this story takes an even stranger turn that it already has in the coming months. Hope not.

Caitlin, what do plan to do to the Deadspin webmaster? Tell us. We're waiting.

kan

Really Tripp, if you don't understand why she got fired, I'm guessing your looking at a bleak future for yourself. It doesn't matter if she should or should not have been fired, the reality is that she was fired. By the people who pay her, and pay for a certain image and standard that they believe reflects on their public image. That's how they want to spend THEIR money. She has no "right" to be a Patriots cheerleader. And yea, the drunk is funny, and the dummy is funny for posting the picture.

dana

Bottom line: she posted it on the internet. Wrong. Secondly, she represents the football team -- 24 hours a day. Thirdly, she's 18 and has no sense. She just learned a big lesson -- part of growing up.

Mika

What is it with white people attacking/vandalizing/sexually molesting each other when one of them falls asleep?! I know if I fall asleep on my friends' couch, or pass out, they're not going to write on me, cut my hair, maim me, or stick anything in my butt.

People are nuts...

kan

I agree with you Isabella. A lot of this has been like reading "Lord of the Flies".