'Urkel' Cleared --

No Charges

in Alleged Battery

7/14/2010 6:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Jaleel White will not be charged with domestic battery of his baby mama, according to law enforcement sources.

0714_jaleel_white_EX_getty
We're told there was not enough evidence for the LAPD to go forward with the case.

TMZ broke the story last week ... Bridget Hardy had accused Jaleel of punching and slapping her.
Jaleel -- best known for playing 'Steve Urkel' on "Family Matters" -- denied there was any incident.

Jaleel's attorney Philip Cohen tells TMZ there were questions about the accuser's "credibility and timing" in this matter -- partly because she waited several weeks to report the incident.

More Jaleel White

Ehécatl

I suppose he´ll want to celebrate. Give him some cheese.

Darlene

He sure looks different now!!

Darlene

He sure looks different now!!

Ginger

I'm glad. I had a hard time believing he did anything wrong. Men in H'wood need to be way more careful with the women they choose to associate with.

NickSunset

Girl, Erkel don't have no money he don't even have a pot to piss in. Girl find yourself another celebrity to extort...you know Mel Gibson is single ...at least that is what I heard. If I wasn't busy with this divorce I would go for it.

Signed Mrs. Kelsey Grammar.

STORYBURNcom

Only this site could post a story on Urkel. What a weird looking dude

Laura Winslow

Did I do that?!?

ErinAndrewsIsAFameWhore

Apparently he didn't do that.

drake mallard

Steve go home.

Kool Menthol Barry Obama

Jaleel White, middle name: AIN'T

yup

ugly eyes!

Bobby

its great to see police officials finally not rushing to judgement on every woman that claims they have been raped or assaulted in some way without looking at all evidence and possible angles of the complaintant.look at how many stars are being accused of this JUST because people want fame and money.

Bobby

sound familiar?

could lead into a defense strategy for mel gibson

k

You mean somebody WILLINGLY gave this sleepy-looking MF some p*ssy???

jthhere

My cousin, who was pretty ill with a heart condition and Down Syndrome, was crazy about Urkel and Family Matters. The Starlight Foundation paid for and her family to visit the set during the mid to late 1990s. This Jaleel White couldn't be less welcoming, was stanoffisn, giving short answers and refusing at any point to voice his character. after a brief visit, he left with a lot of disappointment. Thank goodness. Reginald VelJohnson came in and entertained everyone with lots of humor and close interaction with my cousin. She died about a year later and her family still recalls this interaction.

I believe how you treat others defines what kind of person you are. And I take some measure of satisfaction that this guy hasn't had much career success since that show.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments