Levi and Bristol

Engaged, Not Having Sex

7/14/2010 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

America's favorite unwed, single teenage mother -- Bristol Palin -- is engaged to get married ... and the man she's tying the knot with is the most unlikely candidate ever ... her baby daddy Levi Johnston.

0713_levi_brisol_BN_Getty_01

Levi and Bristol's story is a tale of classic romance ... he knocks her up when she's 17, she has a kid (Tripp), they break up, they attack each other in the media, he poses for Playgirl, they attack each other in the media again ... and then they reconnect during custody negotiations about three months ago.

But the best part: The couple claims they didn't tell Bristol's mom -- Sarah Palin -- about the engagement first. Instead, they told Us Weekly ... and hoped that it was one of the "variety of sources" she reads.

Levi and Bristol claim they hope to get married in the next six weeks -- and due to Bristol's abstinence pledge, they won't be having sex again until after they say "I do."

As for the wedding -- they want to get married in Alaska ... and Bristol wants Levi to wear a camouflage vest.

Oh -- and that whole Playgirl thing ... Bristol claims she hasn't seen the spread and chalks it up to "Levi's old life." For the record -- it ran just 5 months ago.

lgwelsh1

Good for them, they always loved each other, Sarah was keeping them apart LOL. Nothing like a good ole fashioned love story, it will make for a great book and movie LOL

snowboardchick

how friggen corny and immature. I hope there's an online betting pool where I can win money on how long this lasts. I say 28 months.

Merl

Bristol is really as stupid as Levi. Maybe he is a little brighter than she is. You do not have to be a bad parent to have stupid kids. I know a lot of good parents that have stupid kids. If I were Bristol making a stupid decision like this I would not want to tell my Mother.

Mar

This is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. She apparently has no respect for her mother, or any self respect for herself and her family. He betrayed every confidence he had and now he only wants to get more info on them for more interviews. They better make him sign all kinds of clauses that he cannot speak about them ever again any time any wher to anyone or any publisher. He is the ultimate s*** of the earth, and had no love for his child when he can talk about that baby's family. She should get rid of that loser, because thta is what he is. She can't be that desperate for a man, she very pretty and I am sure she can get someone nicer. He can't get any one because of what he did, so she is now good enough for him. There was a reason they broke up in the first place, and that will come back to haunt her. She now deserves what she gets from him. That family will never deeply forgive him, so it isn't going to work. Good luck losers.

Tess

TMZ, the terms "baby daddy" and "baby mama" are nauseating. Knock it off.

G.R.

Hopefully she now has a brain of her own instead that F'ed up crap her crazy kooky b*tch mother, Sarah, filled it with previously.

bdj

MONEY TALKS! This interview was an easy way for some quick cash. I'm sure US payed them dearly for the story, with a little extra thrown in if they (claim to) tell them BEFORE her ignorant mother. I'm sure there's more money in the pike for exclusive wedding rights. What amazes me is that people are actually interested enough to watch/read about it.

Sloane

after everything he has done I can understand why they would be nervous telling her parents---as a parent I can see how they would be less than enthusiastic at the prospect of them marrying at this time. He only just recently apologized and took a bit of responsibility for the lies he told across America. It would take a lot more than that for me to think he was worthy - a sustained change over time is the only thing that will demonstrate that he has matures and will never again go down that road. If she were my daughter I would be analyzing his motives - it hasn't been that long since he toured the country lying/bashing/embarrassing/alienating Bristol and her family for cash and fame. Any parent would be suspect of his motives and wonder if he only wants to marry and later divorce to make more cash trashing the family and add another 15 minutes of fame. I would have him sign a pre-nup that prohibits him from trashing Bristol and her family (during or after the marriage if it ever comes to a divorce) As a parent you want to protect your children/grandchildren from harm and he has already hurt them terribly. So I wonder if he can be trusted with their hearts again?? People can change but in this case they should have a longer engagement so that everyone can see over time that he has indeed grown up and changed.

notatowniegirl

I wonder if they'll call the next kid Fall

That'd be freakin' awesome!

canadiangirl

Are pigs flying too?

LongJohn69

How could that young woman do anything MORE stupid? I know that at a certain age parents must keep hands off the decisions of their children so, that being said, this must be killing her parents!!!

Jan

Did Levi's agent tell him he could secure the reality show no one bought IF he brought Bristol and Tripp onto the show???

Jan

Sarah and Todd's statement regarding the engagement clearly speaks volumes. They want the best for her and she has the ability to forgive that most people strive for. They do NOT approve.She has worked her butt off and even takes college courses.Levi's did not even take his GED and his only claim to fame is lying about Sarah Palin and showing off his body.Kathy Griffin brags you used Levi as a "middle finger pointing at Sarah Palin". Joy Behar claimed on The View today that is was political as Sarah is going to announce she is running for president. Joy should be thrilled as this will hurt Sarah not help her. Does Levi even have a job???

canadiangirl

#93 (notatowniegirl) Tripp and Fall...that is so funny!!! They SHOULD name the next baby that!

Superman

That is going to be one awkward family get-together. Another headline on Google News is that Sarah Palin hasn't forgiven Levi. And I doubt she's the forgiving type despite that she's suppose to be a Christian. Oh well, what comes around goes around.