Courtney Love's Daughter -- Free At Last!

8/20/2010 2:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Frances Bean Cobain is officially and legally a free woman.

0820_frances_bean_courtney_love_GETTY_EX
The guardianship she was under automatically ended by law Wednesday, on Frances Bean's 18th birthday.  Prior to that -- and over the strong objection of her mom, Courtney Love -- Frances Bean was under the guardianship of her paternal grandmother.

Courtney has been tweeting like crazy, trying to get Frances Bean back in her life, but some of the tweets have been curious ... for example, "You've done a damned good job frances of destroying anything i could build that is positive, and i want to know why now that your of age."

Sounds like a real bonding moment.

Lisa

Frances is actually a pretty girl, don't judge her on one stupid photo. If people are saying she is ugly from all the pics you have seen, go right ahead but from one photo? calm the **** down. She has actually turned out pretty well, considering who her parents are.

Janet

If my mom named me 'Bean', I would divorce her to!

anonymous

This kid had problems with Love most of her childhood life. And she got out alive and relatively drug free. I give her kudos and hope she had a great birthday. It seems the Cobain family kept her under control and happy

JungleTails com

I think that's Boy George's son!

timid

Yeah, we know Courtney. It's always somebody else's fault that your life sucks.

Sagat

She looks like the puppet mask from the Saw movies.

Big Daddy

Who ever said Rumor Willis. LMBO That is one unattractibe child. What happened Mom? Wrong kiddo at the hospital?

Ginger

I think she's pretty. Her makeup is typical for a teenage girl. The one time in their life their skin will be smooth and gorgeous they cloud it up with makeup. Courtney's remarks were all about herself. Gee, wonder if that's why Francis has nothing to do with her.

XPrettyBulletX>

Good luck Miss Francis Cobain! Make your father proud Honey!! Show the world that greatness you inherited from your father. Good luck with your art work, and make your own name.. dont listen to these stupid people who have nothing better to do but drag you threw the Mud!

Shuffle Demon

Courney is a palin train wreck and addict and she will never quit being either, of course Francis couldn't wait to get out of there to go live with her granparents, if I had to be around courtney and her bats **** insane antics, I'd want to go too! Now that Francis is old enough she will get access tothe money left in trust by her father to her not to mention she will start recieveing the royalties and rights to her fathers music and the monies from them, courtney olny want to re-connect with the cash Franice will come into.... she would seel francis out in a flat minute if she thinks it would benfit her, Francis see's what her mom is about, she will stay away from her...good for her!

Becca

I am so proud of "Bean." She had to make a terrible decision at a young age. My goal, from age 14, was to be 18 and get away from creepy step-dad and crazy mom.

I moved out two days after my 18th B-day. Finished high school with honors, and went on to college, while working two jobs

Those of you who would make unkind comments about this young girl's look are out of line. Morons!

anon

has this rich young lady graduated high school yet?

a3196

Man didnt she get seriously beaten by the ugly stick!!!

Raine

Good Grief Francis Bean looks just like Demi Moore's kid what's her face i forget her name.

BOBODOBO

She looks like that other bitch Kelly freaking Osbourne (with all my respect to her dad, he's GOD)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments