Tarantino Sues

Exotic Birds Are Driving Me INSANE

3/10/2011 10:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Quentin Tarantino is going to WAR with his famous neighbor -- claiming the guy owns a ton of exotic birds that constantly emit "blood-curdling screams" ... and it's affecting Q's ability to write scripts!

0310_quentin_lawsuit_EX_launch

Ironically, the guy Tarantino is feuding with is another Academy Award winning writer -- Alan Ball -- the guy who wrote "American Beauty" and created "True Blood."

According to Quentin's lawsuit, filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, Tarantino claims ever since Ball installed an "exotic bird menagerie" -- Quentin has been forced to endure the "obnoxious pteradactyl-like screams" of the macaw birds.

In fact, Q claims the noise has "seriously disrupted [his] ability to work as a writer in his home."

Tarantino says he tried to amicably resolve the matter with Ball -- but Alan has "done little to eliminate the macaws' daily cacophony" ... so he wants the judge to force Ball to silence them once and for all.

dimes

I remember seeing - years ago - Tarantino sitting in the coffee shop at the corner of Santa Monica and Crescent Heights, working on a script in longhand.

If he could concentrate despite the traffic noise of a busy intersection, those birds must be brutal.

dimes

Did you check the doc?

Tarantino's lawyer is Marty Singer - must be taking a Charlie break.

The guy he's suing is Alan Ball, the True Blood writer/producer. How does he manage to write with all that noise?

berkly

I've spent an hour with Tarantino, and to be honest, I don't like him much. I don't like any of his films, either.
But I live by a house that's flooded with exotic birds, and it's absolute hell, and I feel sorry for the guy. The worst part about exotic birds, is that some can mimic sounds.
In that nasty house of birds down the street, is the most obnoxious 15 year old girl money can buy, and one of those birds has decided to mimic HER.
I'm rooting for Tarantino in this suit. I sympathize with him.

Hime

@5- you're the picture-perfect bad neighbor.

If it's between 7am and 11pm STFU? What about people who work night-shifts and need to SLEEP through the afternoon? Or do you want everything to be closed by 8pm so people have time to get ready to sleep right by 11pm so they can get enough sleep before getting woken up by a douchebag neighbor by 7am?

People work at different hours and should have a right to sleep whenever they damn well please without their neighbors wrecking their health.

rika

@Hime.

Tough luck dude.You can't expect peace+quiet 24/7.People have lives and things to do.They are sometimes noisy.

SantaFeJack

I'm with Quentin on this one...even ONE macaw can be a nightmare, but more must be unbelievable. Anyone who's lived next door to a barking dog(s) or roosters knows what I mean. And macaws are MUCH louder...some neighbors are a**holes...including ones in expensive neighborhoods!

torvickia

As a owner of 1 macaw, I can tell you if you pay attention to your bird, they will rarely scream. They will scream some in the morning, but other than that, the only scream if they are scared or NEED attention. Macaws are wonderful pets if you are a commited owner with common sense. Eff you, irresponsible bird owner.

mija

Neighbors are so inconsiderate. Sometimes I wonder who raised the one's who are rude and obnoxious. Don't these people live in big houses where they can designate a room to their animals? Wouldn't it be nicer to keep the birds out of the bad weather and protect them? Or does he hate his birds and tosses them outside like people do with their dogs and not care about the animals well being?

NelsonH

When will anyone realize they cannot be a noise polluter? Tarantino's situation is like having neighbors' dogs constantly barking, loud music playing, etc. Also, it's one of the worst things asking the neighbor to stop their noise, and most likely they will do what they can to increase it out of spite. The police certainly won't do anything no matter what the city ordinance is. It's unfortunate, I love Alan Ball (fan of Six Feet Under), but he's gonna have to shut up those birds.

mikka

If the birds dont allow him to write WE SHOULD GIVE TO HIM FEW MORE !!!!

CRYING BABY ...

urbusted

@5- you're the picture-perfect bad neighbor.

Posted at 12:49 AM on Mar 11, 2011 by Hime

Hey Hime!
LOL! You couldn't be be MORE wrong about me! I work 3rd shift! I go to bed everyday between 6am and 8am! I put up with noisy f-ing neighbors every f-iing day! I have been woken up by my thoughtless neigbors more times than I can count and I can't do anything about it because of the time of day. Believe me, I wish so badly there was a law to keep them quiet! (BTW, I am the perfect neighbor, I make absolutely no noise and bother no one.)
My point to my post was- the way the law is, if it's during reasonable hours (7am-11pm) there's nothing you can do about it and us normal (not rich) people have to put up with that crap during the day, so do the rich ones...which there is no excuse, when you are that rich, you should put your house on a BIG piece of land so neighbors aren't an issue. Or sound proof your home well. If you don't, it's your own fault. The rest of us without big money don't always have a choice, they do.
So there ...you STFU , and quit jumping to conclusions:)

Chee Chee

I thought writers went out to their cottages and country homes to write.

Blofeld Boy

How does he know what a pterodactyl sounds like? They were extinct over 65 million years ago.

casting couch

Inconsiderate neighbor... what a surprise. People with birds in cages should be dragged through the streets. Although with their money why the f**k do these guys live so close to each other?

Get back to work!