Italian College WARNS Students

Beware of 'Jersey'

5/5/2011 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An Italian university is warning students that "Jersey Shore" will be taping in a building used for student housing ... and TMZ has learned school officials are taking drastic measures to keep the kids away from the GTL.

0504_guido_instituo_ex

Officials at the Istituto Lorenzo de' Medici fired off a letter to students saying:

"Dear Students,

Our Housing dept. has informed us that starting May 9th there will be shootings inside the 2nd floor apartment of your building.  We advise you to NOT sign any paper, let anyone in, and keep us informed."

University sources tell us the I.L.D.M. is so serious about keeping students in a guido-free environment ... officials have offered "alternative housing close to campus" to anyone who wants to get away from the madness.

We're told the school has also offered to issue a partial refund to anyone who has already pre-paid for their rent ... and wants to leave.

sonny

FIRST!

croc

thats funny.. cant blame them though..

Cartman

I hope they pass out plenty of Valtrex.

Andrettianna

why would the school let them on their property, and then ask students to stay away? Not that I'm defending Jersey Shore. They should all just drop off the earth, IMO. If I was a student there- I would move.

Steve

"Our Housing dept. has informed us that starting May 9th there will be shootings inside the 2nd floor apartment of your building"

That is a really, really, really poor choice of wording, especially with all the craziness going on in the world. Did no one proof read that at the school and think they should change it? And I agree with Andrettiana, why would they let them anywhere near school property?

Miamimimi

@steve, it is just a translation. I don't think an Italian university would send an English message to their students now would they?

jwoolman

Steve on p. 1: "That is a really, really, really poor choice of wording, especially with all the craziness going on in the world. Did no one proof read that at the school and think they should change it? "

It's just a bad translation of the original Italian. This is a school in Italy, they don't send letters in English to their students... TMZ was just too cheap to hire a professional translator (maybe even just ran it through Google Translate), and you get what you pay for. Think of all those incomprehensible "English" assembly instructions you've received from foreign manufacturers! The Italian original would be clear, especially in the phrasing mistranslated into English as "shootings" when they mean they are shooting a tv show. We don't say "shootings" in real English in that context. (I translate techie material from Italian into English myself, and can guess the bad decisions made by the machine or the person who came up with the quirky English version).

It sounds as though, in their zeal to keep the location super-secret, they neglected to inform all the proper people at the school in a timely manner so they could make appropriate arrangements for the students who had already paid to live there. Can't imagine that having the Jersey Shore crowd running around with camera crews will be conducive to study. Maybe the producers were hoping that having people around of that age group could be worked into the show, a thought which obviously and understandably horrifies the school... That's why they're warning the students not to sign anything (such as a waiver) and not to let anybody into their own rooms.

I'd heard that the Italians were not thrilled at the prospect of being the next location for Jersey Shore. Now we know why!

ciimonstr

NO GUIDO BACKS, ITALY.

Sersi

I think it's sick to have them in another country like that, I would not watch, I really do not like how these kids act. I do not blame the university but then why let them shoot there in the first place? It would have been more interesting if these kids were attending the university and we get to see them go through school but that is too much to ask of the Jersey Shore.

Sandra

I'm guessing the building used for student housing isn't owned by the school and is instead something they rent from a company or the city, which is probably why they got to know about Jersey Shore filming there so late.

Bubbles The Chimp

That is a school for the arts. Being a douchebag is not an 'art' so I do not blame them for not wanting to be associated with them.

Steve: Get over it. That is a translation and translated with literal wording. This is why 'online translators' are rubbish. They do not have the 'meaning' other than literal wording.

Bubbles The Chimp

BTW, TMZ it is 'Scuola' not 'Instituto'

Viva l'Italia!!!

MoonDust

ok, so why are they allowing them to stay at the university's property?

me

I don't blame the university. These people are disgusting and they are not even Italian. They are all mixed breeds. REAL italians don't behave like them

Stupid People Hater

They are a bunch of douchebags. Even bigger douchebags are the millions who apparently watch them.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments