Schwarzenegger

Fathered

Out-of-Wedlock Baby

5/17/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered a baby with a member of his household staff, and that is what sent Maria Shriver packing ... and right into the office of a powerful financial adviser to get her affairs in order to end her marriage, TMZ has learned.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Love Child
Sources say Maria was distraught after learning Arnold pulled a John Edwards. The baby mama worked for the family for two decades, retired and received a severance package, according to the L.A. Times.

The baby was born more than a decade ago, but until recently Maria thought the father was the woman's husband at the time.

Schwarzenegger told The Times, "After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago. I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry."

TMZ heard about the baby 5 days ago, but everyone in the Schwarzenegger camp was denying it.  But sources told us Maria was "completely distraught" yet determined to move on with her life.  She has not pulled the trigger to end her marriage on the legal side, but she has been working with a very powerful financial adviser who has been helping her position herself for a divorce.

We believe -- though have not confirmed -- there is a prenup, but the couple has been together so long the effectiveness of it is problematic.

UPDATE: Maria released a statement saying, "This is a painful and heartbreaking time. As a mother, my concern is for the children."

She continued, "I ask for compassion, respect and privacy as my children and I try to rebuild our lives and heal. I will have no further comment."

BSNIGS

i heard this is just a publicity stunt for his up***ing movie......"THE SPERMINATOR"

butter

Dear Miz Sarah Robinson,
silly comment, I must respond..

A real person to stay and work it out? Um...was he being a "real" person while carrying on an affair literally under her nose?

No...the latter half of their marriage was a sham, a facade..built on an enormous lie. He made a fool out of her, had this woman work for them for years, outfitted her with a retirement package..etc. The woman also carried on with this sham and worked for the family. If he had been upfront with her right from day one, moved the woman out of the house..perhaps Maria would of had something to work with..but she wasn't given that chance. No, this time Maria should think about her needs, herself, because no one else did.

Ronald Austin

Hey, I just came up with this real funny joke that no one here has thought of . . . It goes blah blah blah .... the SPERMINATOR! Original, huh? I'm so proud of myself!

Ms Rbn

As much as Arnold was as fault what in God's name was the woman problem? These staff members /People get so starry eyed over theses actors Politicians, They give thier Body's & Soul to these people Going against what most fully believe in. When are these people going to see Just for they make Millions means NOTHING! Men /Woman like Arnold are nobody's they are people who just earn a way bigger income then ourselves. I do not understand how or why someone can give thier body thier soul to People like them . Why do some of these so called Famous people use thier Stardom to woo someone in thier Bed when they have someone who loves them unconditionally, Finding someone who loves you no matter what & they wreck it all over hormones. Lust never last & Now they no longer have Love what sad Sad People some of these Rich & Famous are.The woman was /is just as fault as Arnold now an Innocent child as well as Maria's & Arnold's Children will have to go threw life Paying for thier Sin thier Lust,Betrayal. I hope it was all worth it just for a roll in the sack of Lust. My heart goes out to the innocent children .Gee How special he excepts Blame , Blame for destroying so many Lives! Over Lousy lust.Excepting Blame does not even take even a little speck off what they have done to so many innocent Lives!

Aenwyn

okay seriously. are there any men out there who DON'T cheat?

gary

who ****in doesn't. I mean.. I guess I wasn't a bastard child, but marriage isn't what it's cracked up to be!

howard

i guess i wonder how Arnold is getting
his hots from a family momma and not
from Maria Shriver ...even 10 years ago?
this MUST be a couple that spent too little
time together. and maybe it's his way of
exerting his 'independence' while married?
she's very attractive and HOT so she wouldn't
have trouble finding a partner.
also i've read that she wasn't at all
interested in his running for various political
positions and time away from home.
she seems more a home body than i expected.
nice bod Maria.
you rock!

Peachcare for Kids

Skeletor vs. Terminator is a win-win for the likes of TMZ.

YOUCANDOBETTER

Maria if you're reading this, I always thought you were too good for the Arnold. Once a womanizer, always a womanizer. Arnold did not deserve you. Look at the bright side, you got beautiful smart children out of the marriage or lack there of. To all the women out there who have attractive women working in their homes around their husbands; GET RID OF THEM. They will sleep with your husband behind your back and then go into your kitchen and cook you and your husband a nice dinner all in the same day. I hope this is a LESSON LEARNED for Maria, her daughters, and every woman who have attractive women working in their homes. Don't allow it, it's a recipe for disaster.

Observer

disgusted says: "okay seriously. are there any men out there who DON'T cheat?"

I cheated on a girlfriend when I was 16 years old because I found pictures of her cheating.
I've NEVER cheated on a woman since.
So yea, Honestly... there are men that DO NOT cheat. It's simple as....CHARACTER and VALUE of commitment.

Sad that it seems ODD for someone NOT to cheat. Pretty disgusting and sad if you ask me.

bq

I wonder who's name is on the birth certificate.

Ronald Austin

Blah blah blah . . . . . SPERMANATOR!!! Too funny.

Ronald Austin

Okay, are you ready to pee your pants laughing at a clever joke . . . .

Schwarzenegger Fathered Out-of-Wedlock Baby NATOR!

Hahahaha

ketjo

Penny,
Call me a old fart if you want but I've been married for 45 years and they all weren't a bed of roses......and still aren't, but you have to dam well work at it and don't run at the first signs of trouble....yes this is a betrayal for Maria, yes she has a right to be hurt, but that maid was also married and she was betraying her husband when she was carrying on with Arnold, it takes two people to make a baby and know where does it say she was forced !!!! She carried on the affair , while working and stayed working for them after the baby was born, coming in everyday, knowing she was screwing Maria's husband and looking her in the eye and lying....so shes as guilty as Arnold, as for Maria not knowing anything, tell me another fairy tale sweetie, I will never believe that one.....a wife knows even if she doesn't want to admit it to herself....
Yes , I'm a old fart...but a wise old fart who's learned from lifes hard lessons.....

cranky

Must have been one heck of a severance package to keep her mouth shut all this time! Let us speculate....was it the NANNY a la Robin Williams?
How would CA be different if this came out when it occurred?