« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Warren Sapp

I'M DEAD BROKE

and I Lost My Super Bowl Ring

4/6/2012 2:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0406_warren-sapp_tmz
Future NFL Hall-of-Famer Warren Sapp has filed for bankruptcy ... claiming he's racked up millions of dollars in debts ... but worst of all, dude claims he LOST his 2002 Super Bowl ring.

Sapp -- who played in the NFL for 12 years -- just filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in Florida ... and in the papers he gives a full rundown of his dire financial situation.

According to the docs, Sapp owes more than $6.7 million to various creditors ... including hundreds of thousands of dollars in child support payments and alimony to at least 4 different baby mamas.

Among the debts, Sapp says he owes $853k to the IRS for 2006 and another $89k for 2010. Sapp says he also owes $2,858 in medical bills for "Corrective Speech and Language Therapy."

Sapp says he only has $6.45 million to his name ... and lists all of his assets in the documents ... which include:

-- 240 pairs of Jordan sneakers and sandals
-- Large Nude women painting
-- Lion skin rug (female - lioness)
-- Nike golf clubs
-- De Grisogono watch (scratch on crystal, nicks and scratches on band)
-- A boxing glove signed by Muhammad Ali

But most interestingly, Sapp notes he has LOST two of his most treasured and valuable possessions -- the 2002 Super Bowl ring he won with the Tampa Bay Bucs (example below) and the National Championship ring he won with the Miami Hurricanes.

0406_bucaneers_ring
In the docs, Sapp also lists his current salary as an analyst for the NFL Network as $45k per month ... $540k per year. Sapp says his deal with the NFL Network expires in August and he's not sure if the network will extend his deal.

Calls to Sapp have not been returned.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

The TX Big Dog

What a **** and he deserves to lose everything. He is in the biggest loser category. I could not say too much about what an ******* Sapp is

bring back recent posts

...FRIG...JUST STUPID...these basketball stars need mega lessons in biz management...should be part of contract..selfish educated dudes who " handle " them!

Matt

Thats pretty sad that he has ALREADY lost so much money. But they dont say "a fool and his money are soon parted" for no reason.

Also, Im 95% sure he is lying about the championship rings because he doesnt want them to take them away from him to go toward the debt. Either that or by "lost them" he means sold them and he doesnt want to look like a poor ass by admitting that he sold them.

Observer999

Harvey, I think your weekend editor has screwed it up again... there's no way the article matches Sapp having $6.5 million in assets. If he owes 6.7 and has 6.5 and makes over 500K a year, he wouldn't qualify as bankrupt.

Howard

I live in Hollywood, FL, where Warren Sapp has his primary residence at OCEAN PALMS CONDO, UNIT 3305. He paid $910,000 in 2007 according to the Broward Property County Appraisers Office and it's now worth about $575,000. I also see him often at a local burger joint called, Le Tub. He was wearing his Super Bowl ring within the past year! I not only saw it many times, but took pictures with him!

Eddie

I almost never take pleasure in the misfortunes of others but Sapp is a jerk.

yeahrightmoron

wow this dude's "dead broke" would be a normal person's lottery win! *all I have left is 6.4mill & a job that pays me more in a month than most make in a year* someone please pass the donation bucket for this poor unfortunate soul...

Leo Esco

Florida State University won the national championship in 1999. The author of this story must have meant 1991 national championship. That is pretty elementry to edit prior to going to print.

Steve

What a F@#k&(g Idiot. Most people won't make 1 million dollars in their intire life! For his womanizing, His tax evation, and his lack of child support, he should go to prision for ever. Howdy OJ

Kyle

I couldn't think of a better guy for this bad stuff to happen to. Warren Crapp really is a piece of trash. He was classless as a football player and he is classless as a human. He would of fit perfectly on the Saints D under Gregg Williams. This man and Randy Moss are the only two athletes I truly despise. Not to mention, have to ever heard him trying to talk on NFL network? I have no idea what the moron is trying to say.

Jeremy

I know Warren, and he is a piece of garbage. This is not news. Everyone knew this was going to happen. Is anyone surprised? I didn't think so.....

Cari

Easy come, easy,go - we're our own worst enemies

hh

The NFL Network should make Sapp take classes to learn how to use proper grammar when he speaks and stop with all the ghetto ebonics he yells out. You have too many ex players speaking jive, they sound like hood rats instead of professionals

gg

They should fire him from the NFL Network too! He is unable to speak proper grammar and just yells ghetto ebonics all the time. I realize when you are dealing with former football players you are not getting real network professional's but you have just too many guys speaking jive. The NFL network would be better if they hired people that actually went to college to learn how to speak in front of a camera.

early

LMMFAO,,, did anybody read this article,,, this has to be one of the dumbest people on the planet,,, I cant wait to watch the outcome,,,,,I'm embarrassed to b a black man right know,,,,I have 1 wife and 3 litteone's,, and they are my world,, and we live great with an annual income that he gets a week!!! Sapp is a sapp!!