« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Marcellus Wiley

I'm Worried About MY Brain

After Junior Seau's Suicide

5/3/2012 2:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

050312_marcellus_still
Junior Seau's apparent suicide has former teammate Marcellus Wiley seriously concerned about the long term effects of his days as a hard hitting NFL defensive end.

Today at LAX, Marcellus told us he's spoken to several players since Junior's death yesterday -- and admits "there is a concern about the concussions we had."

As we reported, Junior's sudden death by a gunshot to the chest ... is the latest in a string of ex-NFL player suicides that might be linked to brain-related injuries during their football careers.

Marcellus told us, "I'm 5 years removed from retirement and who knows what effects it had on me psychologically, emotionally, biologically." Watch the clip ... he also reveals concerns about certain drugs he says players took just to stay on the field.

Wiley, who played 10 seasons of NFL ball, added ... "We all love the game, we have no regrets. You just want to make sure you know your course ahead."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Nic

Um, anyone gonna comment that Wiley was on Millionaire Matchmaker and is a total publicity hound? C'mon, I think he is sad, but the guy is milking Seau's death.....I mean, I was worried for Wiley's brain when he appeared in MM.

tigress

I am worried about his brain too. The brain is a very vital organ which controls just about every part of the body's functons. Football is a very violent sport which is why they make the big bucks.

Bonnettesmith

He is so worried about his own Brain.I am realise that he has face many pain in our Brain.

B

You know the risks going into playing pro football. I thinks it B.S. that players are complaining now, just a ploy to swindel money.

justagirl

First of all, my love to my Charger Family! Also to Marcellus--love you man!

Perhaps players and former players can have MRIs done just to check out their brains just to be sure. Especially if you received a lot of hits. Might be worth looking under the hood!

My heart definitely goes out to Jr. Seau's family and my extended Charger Family!

Heavy Hearts. #55!!!!