Randy Travis

Threatened to SHOOT, KILL ... Cops Say

8/8/2012 8:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Randy Travis mug shot
Randy Travis threatened to shoot and kill the troopers who arrested him for drunk driving last night ... this according to the Grayson County Sheriff's Office.

The GCSO tells us ... officers received a call at 11:18 PM from a person who stated there was a man lying in the roadway.  When cops arrived to the scene, they noticed Travis' 1998 Pontiac Trans Am had driven off the road and slammed into several barricades in a construction zone.

Travis was initially arrested for DWI -- but once he was inside the cop car, officials say the singer threatened to "shoot and kill the Troopers working the case."

As we previously reported, Travis was NAKED ... and rode bareback while he was being transported to the station.

When he arrived to the jail, cops gave Travis a shirt to wear for his mug shot ... and a paper suit to cover his man parts.

Travis is sporting a black eye and cuts in his mug shot -- injuries we're told he suffered when he crashed his car into the construction zone.

Travis was charged with DWI and retaliation for making the threats. Travis is currently in custody.

update_bar
8:45 AM PT -- Randy has been released from custody after posting $21,500 bail.

0615_celebrity_mug_shots_footer

Jean Taylor

OH, Randy. Your wonderful Christian music has helped & uplifted me so many times .
The DEVIL must be working overtime on you, lately, for you to forget. GOD bless you & get thee behind him, SATAN !

michael

I have a hunch that hes another fine example of republican morals!

Sissy Skynear

Where there's breath, there's life, so Mr. Travis continues to have the opportunity to turn things around...unlike countless others who have lost the fight to drugs/alcohol. A community online page called War on Drugs Memorial explores this...https://www.facebook.com/WarOnDrugsMemorial

Chuck Zaker

saw RT at the CC in Garden Grove bout ten or twelve years years ago when I was security there. He wouldn`t get on his tour bus until he spoke to every fan there. Real friendly dude ........

Zelda

He should have stayed married to Liv, she kept him in line. What a shame.

kitnplayn

Rot in jail you jerk. You need rehab before you kill an innocent traveller. Jerk.

marie

If I lived his life - I would drink too! Successful singing career followed by a wife twice his age who was his manager. Heard she hung it over his head that she made his career and now they've split. Although his hey day is probably over, he could still have success with many projects. Sad. I wish him well.

lorene1

Many years ago I was on a business trip to Charlotte. A friend told me about this waiter who sang some. We went to see him. The rest is history. I am sad that this happenned. I have been a fan of his for a long time. I hope he gets help. To me, he is owed a bit of sympathy. He should not go mouthing off to a peace officer, for sure.

Scottrc

Holy Crap! He drives (or used to...hahaha!) a '98 Trans-Am? What a piece of sh*t car that was....LMAO!!! I'd be more embarrassed about that than the naked DWI deal. Seriously...

BeastieBoy

Clearly, Randy was carrying 6" loaded gun in open carry, not concealed. When he threatened to shoot troopers they had to know his naked gun only shoots blanks, but the Cowboy boots were real.

xpmark

He probably had a seizure.He is a celebrity and they rarely drive drunk,but they have lots of seizures and wreck their cars.It must be genetic among celebrities,how awful.

remy

Beavis's dad

Dutra

His lawyer says he had a seizure and was taking the wrong prescription medication. He will resign his WH post immediately. Oops, wrong crazy dude.

sunnyjazzislove

Don't drink & drive. Get drunk at home & stay at home. Driving drunk is like playing Russian Roulette with your own life & the lives of others. Don't be a dumb-ass like Mr. Travis here. I hope they force him to get the help he obviously desperately needs.

juli