Randy Travis

Threatened to SHOOT, KILL ... Cops Say

8/8/2012 8:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Randy Travis mug shot
Randy Travis threatened to shoot and kill the troopers who arrested him for drunk driving last night ... this according to the Grayson County Sheriff's Office.

The GCSO tells us ... officers received a call at 11:18 PM from a person who stated there was a man lying in the roadway.  When cops arrived to the scene, they noticed Travis' 1998 Pontiac Trans Am had driven off the road and slammed into several barricades in a construction zone.

Travis was initially arrested for DWI -- but once he was inside the cop car, officials say the singer threatened to "shoot and kill the Troopers working the case."

As we previously reported, Travis was NAKED ... and rode bareback while he was being transported to the station.

When he arrived to the jail, cops gave Travis a shirt to wear for his mug shot ... and a paper suit to cover his man parts.

Travis is sporting a black eye and cuts in his mug shot -- injuries we're told he suffered when he crashed his car into the construction zone.

Travis was charged with DWI and retaliation for making the threats. Travis is currently in custody.

update_bar
8:45 AM PT -- Randy has been released from custody after posting $21,500 bail.

0615_celebrity_mug_shots_footer

P. Scott Parker

We all would not be so forgiving or jocular if this knucklehead had hit and killed a lady walking with, say, a baby stroller and her baby instead of hitting a bunch of roadway barriers. He is obviously an alcoholic and needs to get his skinny little ass in treatment. Forever and ever, amen.

virgosiempre

Let's get a visual on this scenario...Drunk and NAKED man making threats against armed police officers. Where was his weapon? I forgot he was NAKED....Another stupid TMZ article.

Wayne

Poor dumb bastard! That ole' demon liquor got him again!

The Bruce

I hadn't realized up until this point that his head/face was so... um... TALL! Eleven inches, total.

Taken from "So I Married an Axe Murderer."

"I'm not kidding... look at the size of that boy's heed. It's like an orange on a toothpick."

"It's like a virtual planetoid -- has it's own weather system."

"It's like Sputnik -- spherical, yet pointy in wee parts."

"Now he'll cry himself to sleep on his large pillow."

Mike

So many haters. People make mistakes. The guy is obviously unhappy about something. A good and decent cop would have turned a blind eye at the threats. The guy was wasted. It's what drunk people do. They are drunk. I'm glad no one was hurt due to this poor decision by Randy. I met Randy in Reno last year and he was a true gentleman. Keep your head up sir and I will pray for you tonight.

tony floyd

to much money and a really sorry reality show,but he fits right in...

Happydays

A new country song?
I was driving down the street when a cop come along was I nacked/// she left me all alone la di da

Cookie

Embarassssssssssssssssing all over the place. Poor dude. He needs a good woman to keep him home naked. He should know by now alcohol and him don't mix at least not on the road or in public. I would seriously think about giving it up if I acted like that

Looks like he had a fight with his girlfriend and lost. I bet his house is worse for the wear. Needs to 86 he girlfriend and the booze. Should have gotten all his out of his system as a youth. Just a wee bit old for these shena****ns.

Hope he gets his personal life back on track. Glad he didn't anyone or himself. That's next if he doesn't straighten up. Lib saved him along time ago. Won't be the case next time.

A great artist. Good luck and God bless.

draft dodger romney

randy travis is a idiot like me!

yours truly draft dodger mitt romney

montana

I find this so sad. He is such a talent., Good Luck Randy

Jesse Jackson

Figures.....after all, anyone who sings these hillybilly stupid cowboy songs is a loser ......drunk, high and love to beat their women and children....here is just another loser to add to the list.

jed

RANDY HAS WAY TO MUCH FREE TIME

cj

Dam Randy! You have to realize some people can't drink and you are one of them. Remember your younger days? Every time you got in trouble it started with alcohol. Don't make the city council regret putting up those signs at the edge of town.

kelly