« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Phelps

CRYFEST

at the Super Bowl

2/5/2013 9:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0205_michael_phelps_crying_launchHow do we know Michael Phelps is secure in his manhood? 'Cause he cried in public at the Super Bowl ... WITH HIS MOM ... and TMZ has the pics.

The greatest Olympian of all time -- who happens to be a die-hard Baltimore Ravens fan -- unleashed the waterworks at The Superdome in New Orleans on Sunday ... where he and his mother were cheering on their hometown squad.

The pics were taken right at the end of the game ... as the Ravens wrapped up their victory against the San Francisco 49ers ... and judging from the pics, Michael couldn't quite control his emotions.

Somewhere, Ray Lewis is smiling (and also probably crying).

0205_ray_lewis_crying_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

scott

no wonder dad split....smh

Bad Dog

"Somewhere, Ray Lewis is smiling (and also probably crying)."

Which is funny considering there are 2 families who wish their sons could see the Super Bowl. But hey, lets praise a POS like Lewis who sold out 2 of his friends to not get prosecuted for murder.

anony

Phelps is NOT NOT NOT the greatest Olympian of all time.
The greatest American Olympian of all time is the late Al Oerter: one event, four Olympics in a row, four gold medals.

jatti418

thank goodness they didn't show him from the waist down. his torso doesn't match his stubby legs. it cracks me up every time.

Snowballx

Oh Tmz...Michael Phelps cried because Ray Lewis is his friend and he was happy for him. Ray encouraged Michael to continue his swimming career and Mcihael went on to win all those Gold medals. This was shown on access hollywood. Ray Lewis/Michael have been friends for a long time.

Straight Talkin Texan

I love it when a man can cry...but not TOO often. :-)

mr.howell

What a cry baby!..waaahhhhh..mommy...waaahhhh!..so macho..waahhh..wahhhh..sniff..pathetic!..

Toilethead

BFD. He's still a jerk.

DaveT

♫♪ when you're cryyyyin' in the rain.....when you're cryin' in the rain....cryyyyy-in' in the rain ♪♪
Man I miss Whitesnake songs, gotta dig out the old albums and relearn some guitar riffage, John Sykes amazing guitar player, totally underrated, absolutely brilliant guitar work on the self-titled "Whitesnake" album

Brent Jorgensen

Probably one of the most ridiculous pictures I've ever seen. He seriously should have to give back his medals for that display.

KenzieQ

I heard him say he was more emotional for this win than his own Olympic golds... smdh I don't get THAT at all. And he's friends with Ray Lewis.. blah :/

DanaS

Fyi @truth...they don't let murders off on plea deals......not even if you tell on the others that also took part in the action of murder...your not a lawyer so please stop trying to give your "expert" opinion on the law

Northerner

he probably became emotional cause he remembers what that winning feeling is like and that played into it a lot.

Denni

I have yet to see tears from Ray Lewis. It is all for show. I read an article recently about the mother of the victim who was killed in Atlanta and Lewis and his cronies were questioned about such, plus the article stated that Lewis' white suit that he wore that night has never been found. The whole issue just never set well with me and I see him as someone of questionable character. He wants attention badly. I am not impressed with him or his football. I prefer someone like Michael Strahan, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Peyton Manning, and the list goes on. Just not impressed!

There's a problem here

I guess I'm a bad son. I never hugged my mother and cried over a oro football game. Man, that's just strange.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments