Reese Witherspoon

ARRESTED

'You're About to Find Out Who I Am!'

4/22/2013 7:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 4/22/2013 6:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Reese Witherspoon Mugshot
update_bar

6:33 AM PT --
Reese and Jim won't be in court today ... they had their cases continued until hearings set in Atlanta for May 22 and May 23, respectively.

9:40 PM PT
-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
 pulled her celebrity card out while her husband was getting arrested for DUI, telling the officer who ended up busting her, "You're about to find out who I am."

The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth's car -- a silver Ford Fusion -- weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.

As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, "Do you know my name?" The officer answered by saying, "No, I don't need to know your name."

Witherspoon then came back with, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news."

During Jim's arrest, Reese allegedly became ornery, demonstrating visual and verbal frustration over how long it was taking to arrest her husband. At one point, she got out of her car and the officer ordered her back inside. When she got out a second time, he arrested her for disorderly conduct, a municipal ordinance.

They were both taken to jail, booked, and released a short time later.

As for Toth's part of the arrest ... the officer in the report described him by saying his "eye lids were droopy" and his eyes were "blood shot and watery." The officer said he smelled a "strong odor" of alcohol coming from Toth.

The officer stated that Toth told him he only had one drink, but -- as first reported by Variety -- when given a Breathalyzer test, Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

In Reese's defense maybe she played the celeb card because she had as much to drink as her hubby. Just sayin' ...

0422_reese_witherspoon_jim_toth_footer

PixieWicked

What the... did we just step into bizarro world?

Mike

I heard that Reese is doing a biopic movie playing mega rock star Stevie Nicks from "Fleetwood Mac".

Was Reese just taking "getting into character" a little too far by getting super drunk and getting arrested like Courtney Love would?

Luna

Why do people keep driving drunk? Drunk driving literally kills people.

cowboy1936

If I had been the patrolman the 2nd time she got out of the vehicle she would have been put on the ground.
radical socialites think theirs don'stink.

wecomefromacell

Tmz should change the title of this to say Legally Blonde!

HillbillyHell

That Was One BIG Drink. Twelve Oz Straight Vodka.

goaway

Egomaniac! Yikes....

tleeg

Ha ha ha ha....Good, arrest her dumb ass for making medicore, crappy movies.

joy

Showing her true colors

John52

left wing losers. think they are above the law.

Amy

Ah. She was upset. Her husband was being arrested. She probably had something to drink as well.

dale12

Celebrities....ALWAYS BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE ABOVE THE LAW...smh...Take responsibility Reese!

J

What a stupid bitch. You would be the first one crying if a drunk ran into your car and killed your kids. You are no one ****. Your husband is obviously a drunk loser. Now pay your fines and go away. These so called celbs make me laugh. Pathetic losers !!!

Mike

Reese is the daughter of a Nashville, TN doctor. I'm sure her parents are embarrassed. They didn't raise their little girl to act a fool like that to the cops!

tom

Another one of the "beautiful people" that thinks she's above the law, better than the rest of us with special laws just for them!