Reese Witherspoon

ARRESTED

'You're About to Find Out Who I Am!'

4/22/2013 7:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 4/22/2013 6:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Reese Witherspoon Mugshot
update_bar

6:33 AM PT --
Reese and Jim won't be in court today ... they had their cases continued until hearings set in Atlanta for May 22 and May 23, respectively.

9:40 PM PT
-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
 pulled her celebrity card out while her husband was getting arrested for DUI, telling the officer who ended up busting her, "You're about to find out who I am."

The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth's car -- a silver Ford Fusion -- weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.

As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, "Do you know my name?" The officer answered by saying, "No, I don't need to know your name."

Witherspoon then came back with, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news."

During Jim's arrest, Reese allegedly became ornery, demonstrating visual and verbal frustration over how long it was taking to arrest her husband. At one point, she got out of her car and the officer ordered her back inside. When she got out a second time, he arrested her for disorderly conduct, a municipal ordinance.

They were both taken to jail, booked, and released a short time later.

As for Toth's part of the arrest ... the officer in the report described him by saying his "eye lids were droopy" and his eyes were "blood shot and watery." The officer said he smelled a "strong odor" of alcohol coming from Toth.

The officer stated that Toth told him he only had one drink, but -- as first reported by Variety -- when given a Breathalyzer test, Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

In Reese's defense maybe she played the celeb card because she had as much to drink as her hubby. Just sayin' ...

0422_reese_witherspoon_jim_toth_footer

ju

these celebrities think they can get away with stuff how dare reese pull out her celebrity card and dont you say she defending anyone our family was involved in a drunk driver inncident and we lost somebody cause the moron was drunk so she and he should go to jail for a long time

mnmar

The surprise here is that they are driving a Ford.

Mike

Gotta admit, I thought that Reese was great in that movie "Walk the Line". She won an Oscar for Best Actress for that movie. I thought she was pretty good in "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Legally Blonde" too.

Legit

Stupid Arrogant Bitch

supaflychik

A F*$&ING FORD FUSION??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? WHO THE HELL IN THE CELEBRITY WORLD DRIVES A F$*#ING FORD FUSION????? NO WONDER THE COPS DIDN'T GIVE A FLYING RATS ASS ABOUT WHO THEY WERE AND THEIR SO CALLED CELEB STATUS!!!

chris

cop should have shot her in the face

bozzman

they do take forever to arrest you. she was probably sitting in the car for an hour and had to take a mean wiz

U dont know me

This is why I dislike some celebrities they think they own the world and deserve free passes

Mpaco3028

Yah....That's it, she had to much to drink and was mouthing off to the officer. Not so drunk as to throw-out DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM.....
Sorry no empathy for those who believe they are the chosen. . . . chosen to be ungrateful, privileged celebrities feeling they're just above it all.
Welcome to the real world...YOU'RE one of us.

Crinjer

No worse than playing the trumps all cop card.

Mike

I just googled Reese and she is only 5'1". I thought she was taller than that. She's a petite little firecracker. I'm sure the cop wasn't too worried about her hitting him.

Whatever

With that huge manly jaw, you would have thought the cop would have recognized Reese "the chin" Witherspoon.

Keystone

I can't stand when celebs pull the do you know who i am card..As if they should be able to do whatever the hell they want and get away with whatever the they want..They are not any more special or better than anyone..If fans would stop treating them like their god they wouldn't have such a big sense entitlement

Sassy

Happened Friday morning and it's just breaking news today? I'm surprised, TMZ.

Cami

Mugshot or it didn't happen.