Reese Witherspoon

ARRESTED

'You're About to Find Out Who I Am!'

4/22/2013 7:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 4/22/2013 6:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Reese Witherspoon Mugshot
update_bar

6:33 AM PT --
Reese and Jim won't be in court today ... they had their cases continued until hearings set in Atlanta for May 22 and May 23, respectively.

9:40 PM PT
-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
 pulled her celebrity card out while her husband was getting arrested for DUI, telling the officer who ended up busting her, "You're about to find out who I am."

The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth's car -- a silver Ford Fusion -- weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.

As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, "Do you know my name?" The officer answered by saying, "No, I don't need to know your name."

Witherspoon then came back with, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news."

During Jim's arrest, Reese allegedly became ornery, demonstrating visual and verbal frustration over how long it was taking to arrest her husband. At one point, she got out of her car and the officer ordered her back inside. When she got out a second time, he arrested her for disorderly conduct, a municipal ordinance.

They were both taken to jail, booked, and released a short time later.

As for Toth's part of the arrest ... the officer in the report described him by saying his "eye lids were droopy" and his eyes were "blood shot and watery." The officer said he smelled a "strong odor" of alcohol coming from Toth.

The officer stated that Toth told him he only had one drink, but -- as first reported by Variety -- when given a Breathalyzer test, Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

In Reese's defense maybe she played the celeb card because she had as much to drink as her hubby. Just sayin' ...

0422_reese_witherspoon_jim_toth_footer

DeeMaree

Naughty naughty. Atlanta cops aren't impressed with celebrities Reese. Sounds like hubbie wasn't the only one drinking.

Gary

Poor Reese. She must be very upset that her career died years ago and now we find out her husband is a drunk. He drives drunk and puts innocent people's lives at risk and she supports it.Taking it out on the cops is not a good idea. No one cares who you are or how entitled you feel. Grow up.

beemo63

These celebrities kill me...they get astronomical amounts of money to play make believe you're not the friggin Secretary of State! Get over yourself...why should she get preferential treatment over the average person cause you played a dumb blonde in a movie!

AlwaysOnTimeB

Drunk drive's choices = arrest, injury to self, injury to self and others, death to self, death to others, or death to self and others. DON'T DRIVE DRUNK, PERIOD!!

Ann33

Wow, if this story is true, Reese lost a fan!

t

I see **** went down in the ATL...lol...another self entitled celebrity who is a closet drunk...

What!

And all this time people blamed her ex husband more than her for the break up and divorce. She's an entitled biatch...

4444

Guess she found out who he was hahaha

gutsygirl

You have three children at home and allow your husband to drive drunk? Good police work.

Terry

Now we all know if she had been extra.extra,nice to the cops she and her hubby could have walked.You goota learn to use what ya got.Or then maybe you like the smell of the inside of a jail.

DeeMaree

And to Toth. DON'T DRINK and DRIVE. You should thank the police for your arrest. They might have saved lives including your sorry a s s.

Tom

Throw the book at this POS. Nothing worse than a celeb dropping their OWN name. Grow up little girl and don't coddle/support drunk driving.

truthteller

Oh dear .do you know who i am ? No . Cringe !!!

What!

Why didn't they freaking hire a driver if they can't drive??? They have the $$$. Biatches!

Kimglowz00