Reese Witherspoon

Arrest in ATL Was Just

'One of Those Nights'

5/2/2013 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

050213_reese_witherspoon_gma_launchReese Witherspoon said she and her husband exercised "poor judgment" on the night they were both arrested in Atlanta and says an incident like that will "never happen again."

In her first interview since the arrest in Atlanta on April 19, Reese told George Stephanopoulos of "Good Morning America" that she and hubby Jim Toth had "one too many glasses of wine" at dinner and thought they were "fine to drive."

Clearly they weren't ... and Witherspoon was arrested for disorderly conduct after she mouthed off to the police officer who was arresting her husband for DUI.

As for the infamous "Do you know my name?" ... Reese admitted, "I had no idea what I was saying."

maria

Ok...you say you only had one to many glasses of wine and were ok to drive, and then you say when stopped you had no idea what you were saying....that's because your were blitzed out of your mind, and not just one of you..BOTH!!!! Disgrace for new parents, not because you are celebs.

Biebsburbs

"I learned a lot."....yea dumb bitch u learned that you're not that famous after all!!! "I didnt know what I was saying", sure you did, the cop was the one who didnt know what you were saying cos he couldn't recognize you STAT!!! This interview just showed another poor judgment example like jesse James' national interview after cheating on Sandra bullock! Fool!

Biebsburbs

You're just not as famous as Lindsay Lohan that's all, she gets away with every crime she commits without even telling the cops who she was!!!! Go Lindsay!

soberandsmober

If she wasn't so preachy about other people's actions and not-so-great moments in the past, I would have more sympathy for her now. But since she was always such a goody-two-shoes/judgmental witch, I have ZERO willingness to let bygones be bygones with her.

Deesker

So my question is, if she doesn't remember what she said, how did she think she was ok to drive with her drunk husband?

CC Chanel

Well rehearsed; in the beginning. The impromptu answers toward the end; bad performance! Answer to lessons learned?? How about don't drink and drive when you are totally smashed! She should have studied Hugh Grant's performance when he did his first interview on Leno. He took ownership and was humble.

lkelly816

"I had no idea what I was saying" equates to "I tried, it didn't work."

bb

I think it's refreshing to see a celeb having the guts to simply admit they were at fault. I know Reese's a pretty good actress so I've got no idea if she really believes what she's saying here. But that said, I think she is showing a stronger character than many celebs who screw up who usually think even the suggestion that they could have made a mistake is blasphemy, they always are perfect, they are always simply the victim of 'common' people's mistakes. Lindsay Lohan should take notes. With Reese I'm mostly just relieved she wasn't stupid enough to have the kids with her.

Dublin2016

Stupid c-bag!

Liz

I forget what his blood alcohol level was, but I bet they were both WAY past "one too many glasses of wine." It's like everybody who claims they had only two drinks when they get pulled over.

JuanRambo

Dumb Bitch! I like you but damn you're son stupid...

The Gay Nazis For Jesus

OK Reese, All's forgiven. Now go knock a home run dear. I use to work as a bartender and I understand.

DTD

Oh yea Just one of those things. What about the "Do you know who I am" thing?

Meanie

Annoying bulb-chinned bitch.

luckycat

MORE LIKE A BOTTLE OR TWO TOO MUCH TO BE UNAWARE OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.THEY BOTH MUST BE BIG TIME DRUNKS.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments