Amanda Bynes

Cops Return

To Scene of the Bong

5/24/2013 4:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

052413_amanda_bynes_cop_visit_launch
New York's finest returned to the scene of the alleged crime just a few minutes ago -- combing Amanda Bynes' apartment building for information and witness statements.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... NYPD cops got statements from the night doorman as well as 2 other employees, who were there when Amanda was allegedly smoking marijuana in the lobby and acting crazy.

We're told cops also went upstairs to Amanda's floor for more witness statements.

As we reported ... cops arrested Amanda after finding weed in her apartment.  They also say she threw a bong out the window, allegedly to 86 evidence of a crime.

Amanda was charged with weed possession, attempted evidence tampering and reckless endangerment.

Jay W.

5150

FrouFrou

I think it's in her best interests to go into hiding for a while. Shut off her twitter, and start treatment. We can all crack jokes about celebs and their issues.....me most certainly included, the trolls can come out to play and the self-proclaimed armchair doctors, but it gets to a point where it's not actually funny to see this happening. This is sad and I think the sooner she gets herself out of the spotlight the better

Lucky_130

Those pigs are so tough, there are real crimes being committed and they are after some crazy girl who is smoking weed.

Leslie

They need to lock her up before we have another Lindsey on the loose!

D-INCARNATION

Making a big deal out of what should be a ticket...

dnt.tripp

I SAY LEAVE THE POOR GURL ALONE.. ITS NOT LIKE SHE'S PUTTING A NEEDLE IN HER ARM.. I SAY SHE SHOULD MOVE TO CALI WHERE WE DON'T MAKE A BIG DEAL BOUT WEED..!! EYY THERE'S KIDS WHO R SMOKIN IN MIDDLE SKOOL ND U TRIP OVER HER JUS BECUZ SHE WAS A CHILD STAR WELL SO WAS LINDSEY ND JUSTIN BEIBER ND THEY OUT DOIN DA SAME ****.. STOP MAKING A BIG DEAL OFF OF WEED.!!!!!! EVEN MY GRANDMA SMOKIN ON DAT GREEN.!

Sheryl

And so it begins, NOW would be a great time for a Judge to actually do the RIGHT thing and send this young lady for treatment. I honestly think she needs rehab, not jail at this time, I hope she gets the help she really needs, I have such fond memories of her as a child :-)

James420

Why are cops wasting tax dollars on this.? There are missing children and our cops are running around like wannabe seal team six members after pot smokers. Meanwhile real crimes with real victims are being committed and go unsolved because we wasted resources on stupid stuff like this.

_Taterman

"attempted evidence tampering " - so the cops recovered the bong?

susan

I'm not a fan of this girl but I feel sorry for her, when she left the police station she left on her own, she has no one.

laura

My ex lives in this building. I was over there until just a few hours ago. It's beyond obvious that Amanda has a mental disorder. I am not a doctor, but if I was I would suggest borderline personality disorder. I was diagnosed with that in 2006 and while it's not easy to "fix" you can learn to live with it.

To the news channels who have set up shop there all day and asking for statements from residents, why not do the right thing and take some of the money that you are making off of this story and donate it to mental health. It's a tax write off. So it will benefit you, as you are selfish and only care about the bottom line and it will also benefit people that need and want, but cannot afford the help.

Marilyn

Excuse me!
People walk on that busy street, 47th street, every day + I don't want a metal object projectile falling on their head from the 36th floor. Bong or vase whatever.
She is a danger to society. It's not about the pot.
In my NYC apartment building they run a tight ship + she would be evicted for her bad behavior.

Steve B

And, other than being an *******, why is this moron considered a celebrity? Oh yeah, another Ex-Disney channel star.

Jessica

She should of stayed in her apartment like a good stoner with all her munchies and she wouldn't of got caught. Dumbass.

Adam