« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

New England Patriots

Aaron Hernandez is

Not Kid Friendly

6/28/2013 12:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0628_hernandez_jersey

The New England Patriots want all Aaron Hernandez jerseys off the backs of kids, and off the market completely -- and they don't care what it costs to make it happen.

The team just announced that fans can exchange their #81 Hernandez jerseys for a brand new Pats jersey ... totally free of charge.

A spokesperson said, "We know that children love wearing their Patriots jerseys, but may not understand why parents don't want them wearing their Hernandez jerseys anymore."

The trade-in offer is further indictment of Hernandez by his former team ... which cut him even before the murder charges were announced.

The only catch to the deal is you have to exchange the jersey on July 6 or 7 at the team's pro shop at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Mass.

Non-local Pats fans -- you're stuck with an alleged murderer on your back.

0628_aaron_hernandez_football_footer_V2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Toilethead

The Pats are showing a lot of class. And for the record, I don't even like them.

Vote2012

New England is now trying to protect their image? They have recruited every thug and troublemaker in the NFL over the years....they knew what they were getting when they paid number 81 40 million dollars...New England has a real internal problem and they have no clue how to clean up their ugly image in sports. They have become the team every sports fan loves to hate.

Kel

This jersey is going to be very popular with the gangbangers and rappers.

Chris

My last name is also Hernandez. I bought 2 of these jerseys 2 weeks ago for me and my daughter. We aren't Patriots fans but think its cool to have our last name on a pro jersey. Not sure what to do now. This blows

Castor Troy

I'd take a New Jersey A.S.A.P as long as it come's in RED-SKINS Colors ! I don't want my kid's wearing any Murders jersey !

VIDGMER

I dislike hispanic, they are natural animals with barking strange language!

ted moroz

hernandez goin to prison a tight end and most likely leavin prison a wide reciever.

bostondonkey

This guy is such an idiot he was probably wearing his jersey during the murder..

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2