Kanye West

FELONY Suspect for Attempted Robbery

7/20/2013 8:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0719_kanye_west_pap_article
update_bar

5:28 PM PT --
The victim wants to press charges against Kanye ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.  What's more, our sources say he's been interviewed by cops and they've determined he did indeed suffer injuries during the attack.  Cops will refer the case to the D.A. as a felony attempted robbery and not a battery case.  The routine is to go after the suspect for the most serious charge.

gray-bar-update

Kanye West
has been named a felony suspect in the LAX attack Friday afternoon ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... police suspect Kanye committed an attempted robbery when he assaulted a photog at the airport and tried to jack his camera.

The case has now been transferred to the Robbery Homicide Unit and cops are currently putting a file together.

The victim was taken to the hospital after the attack.  His condition is unknown.
071913_kanye_attack_x17_primary

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

John

This is hilarious to me. TMZ now calls the cops on phony charges for a story.

Typos, fact checking, and unacknowledged corrections are the least of your problems now, TMZ.

You all should sell meth and underaged ass. No ethical difference and the hours are much more flexible.

Cat

He's piece of crap.. Let him stay out of the country and take his hoe with him.

Martina

Nothing is going to happen to him. The police cave and will likely take photos with him, and ask him how many times he has peed on Kim.

Tracey

I hate that dude but that seems like BS to me.

David

He's a celebrity, all he has to do use some of his money and status and it'll be like nothing ever happened..

Raymond

So paps are victims now? If anything, it's mutual offense. I wouldn't want to have anybody chasing behind me with a camera.

zzyzx

"Our sources say the case will be referred to the L.A. County D.A. for possible prosecution."

Where absolutly NOTHING will happen because stars don't get punished in California.

Wow ...

Thank you LAPD! DA please follow through with charges.

Edwood

Hey Ya'll it's me Paula would anybody care if I called Kanye the N Word?

I haven't said it in a month and I'm going through N Word withdrawls.

Cecilia

So...if he's charged and convicted (and I doubt it will ever get that far) that's what? 3, maybe 4 minutes in jail?

Ryuga the Dragon Emperor

I hope he gets shot.

TheEyes

SOMEONE JUST DROP YOU CAMERA AND KICK HI ASS, ALREADY!

LordGobblecock

Kanye so so stupid for this. he's playing right into the paps hands with this behaviour and will end up in jail.

Joe

Attacker is black. Victim is white. Racial incident ?

jason

people have the right to be left alone. these folks like the folks who work for TMZ make a living off of invading the privacy of people like Kanye and others. Hospital snoops, funeral snoops, airport snoops, bothering parents with kids. it's pathetic. I'm not even a Kanye fan, but they have the right to be left alone.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments