Kanye West

FELONY Suspect for Attempted Robbery

7/20/2013 8:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0719_kanye_west_pap_article
update_bar

5:28 PM PT --
The victim wants to press charges against Kanye ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.  What's more, our sources say he's been interviewed by cops and they've determined he did indeed suffer injuries during the attack.  Cops will refer the case to the D.A. as a felony attempted robbery and not a battery case.  The routine is to go after the suspect for the most serious charge.

gray-bar-update

Kanye West
has been named a felony suspect in the LAX attack Friday afternoon ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... police suspect Kanye committed an attempted robbery when he assaulted a photog at the airport and tried to jack his camera.

The case has now been transferred to the Robbery Homicide Unit and cops are currently putting a file together.

Our sources say the case will be referred to the L.A. County D.A. for possible prosecution.

The victim was taken to the hospital after the attack.  His condition is unknown.
071913_kanye_attack_x17_primary

Previous 15 Comments | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31

edd

i paid a lot for my canon slr. if a jackass jerked it from my neck i would kill him..

myopinion

OMG...This is what they are talking about? The media loves to blow things up! Kenye did not punch that guy he said, "I asked you not to talk to me" Kenye proceeded to take the camera...LMAO..Big deal out of NOTHING!

MrJM

I'm certain that Mr. West felt in imminent danger of severe bodily harm, so he can go home now.

-- MrJM

bee

I didn't see elbows going back and forth. He probably scratched him.

laffnbear

Despite his celebrity and money he is still capable of street mugger behavior. Sad for the new baby.

Alex

He's a daddy now. See him showing a fine example of adulthood for his child.
His bimbo wife must be just thrilled.
He worries about pictures of himself yet he projects himself into the public eye all the time.
Seriously stupid I say

Joanne

His arrogance is astounding..I am amazed that he could be so completely oblivious to the fact that he is JUST A MUSICIAN.. I HATE his music... am digusted by his imbecilic behavior. He just became a Dad and THIS is how he behaves? Do the CRIME = Do the TIME

mary

I still feel Kanye West has changed since the sudden death of his mother and probably never recovered from the loss. The photo above shows the photographer looking like he is smiling almost saying are you kidding? Although any kind of aggression shouldn't be tolerated, I couldn't tolerate people constantly following me taking pictures for no amount of money, especially when the photographer is only looking for $$$ based on someone's privacy that should be respected. The laws should change about stalking people for pictures and we should of learned from Princess Diana. We can say someone is going to hurt but at the same time it takes two and the stars are the ones minding their own business not asking for it. I also think if someone asks to be left alone, we should all honor that and walk away.

Diane

I am in no way shape or form condoning Kanye's behavior in terms of putting his hands on someone else but seriously guys... leave him alone if he says he doesn't want to talk. The fact that this photographer requested medical assistance after that is absolutely ridiculous.

mruss70

Kanye is as crazy as Kim. They make a great couple.

MIguel

This is hilarious. TMZ has to be liking their own comments. Nobody will ever believe that anyone is on your side. You are soulless monsters. You are ruining peoples lives for a paycheck. Constant harassment just to push celebrities to a breaking point. How disgusting can you get before just hating yourself? You get no pity, no respect, no love and it's because you don't deserve it. You just push and push until someone breaks a camera. Then you can pretend you are the victims and nobody will believe you. It's an obvious ploy and is rotten to the core.

There isn't enough foul language available to describe your professions so I'll keep it clean and concise....

How pathetic is it that everyone hates you so much that you have to pay someone to "like" or "hate" comments just so that you can convince yourselves that you are complete s***?

I just hope that at least one employee reads this and it ruins their day. Because you all deserve to have your days (and lives) ruined by people who want to torment you.

Chuck

Felony Attempted Robbery?

Really? Is that what that was?

Thalia

What is up with Kanye lately ?? And who the hell was that saying "stop it, enough" ????

Previous 15 Comments | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31