« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

BUSTED FOR DUI [Update]

8/13/2013 12:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0813_dale_earnhardt_mug
update_bar
12:20 PM PT
-- Bobby just released a statement, saying, "I wanted to let you all know I made a terrible mistake last night drinking and driving and I am thankful nothing bad happened from my stupidity and I know It could have."

He added, "I'm sorry for letting all my fans friends and family down and I hope I can make it up to each and everyone of you and in the future be a good role model. I will continue to move forward with my racing career and I hope I continue to have your support thanks."

8:07 AM PT --
Cops tell TMZ ... "Mr. Earnhardt was pulled over for making a very wide left turn. After talking with him, our officer noticed his eyes were glassy, speech thick and slurred, smelt of alcohol."

"He was asked to get out of the vehicle where he was unsteady and when asked he said he only had 2 shots of alcohol."

"The officer performed a field sobriety test and determined he was intoxicated. He was taken into custody where he took another ERIR2 test where he blew a .193."

gray-bar-update
Dale Earnhardt
's grandson -- an aspiring race car driver in his own right -- was arrested in West Virginia last night after cops say the 25-year-old was tooling around Charleston while hammered.

Bobby Dale Earnhardt -- a driver in the ARCA Truck series -- was pulled over by Charleston police just before midnight after cops say he was driving erratically.

During the stop, cops say, BDE admitted he had been boozing at a bar earlier in the evening. He also bombed a field sobriety test.

Earnhardt was eventually arrested for DUI and hauled to a nearby station -- where he was booked

Bobby Dale is scheduled to face a judge later this morning.

1005_celebrity_dui_footer'

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

karma12

I think the bigger story here is that he has fans!!! Hahahahahahahaha. He apologizes to his "fans". Hilarious

jackmama311

you should be apologizing for that haircut, damnnnn boy!

spaceopera

Life in the fast lame...

spaceopera

I hate the dumb public apologies! Actions.. Not words...blah blah blah, oops sorry....

The New Improved Sock Puppet

I'm sure I'll catch commenter hell for this one but Nascar is like lipstick on a pig. It was, is, and always will be the sport of hillbillies and rednecks; they just put some lipstick on it.

CaliCakes702

Drunk drivers should have their arms and legs amputated. Repeat offenders should be euthanized.

FUT THE SHUCK UP

not sure he has as many fans as he might think - I for one have never heard of the dude (just his dad of course).

Emilio

I can't stand run on sentences...

shakedoggy

like daddy like son

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Okay, we're going to let you go but just up until you kill someone. Then we'll really have to put you behind bars.

Scott

He added, "I'm sorry for letting all my fans friends and family down

What Fans? No one has ever heard of him

ExtenzvVamp

Stats show- BTTime some1 gets a duiy- they - wats the number?- hav Ben drivn sh*t faced @ least 155 times

CHUZY

they need to stop putting peoples busness in the press

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2