« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Linebacker Aaron Maybin

Art Business Is BOOMING

After 'Hard Knocks' Rejection

8/21/2013 11:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0821_aaron_maybin_painting_launch_v2
Aaron Maybin's career took a surprising turn for the better last night -- 'cause after the linebacker was 86'd from the Cincinnati Bengals on "Hard Knocks," demand for his artwork went through the roof ... TMZ has learned.

Maybin's demise from the team was chronicled on the HBO docu-series last night -- along with his passion for painting. Cameras rolled as he worked on two pieces ... and his stuff was actually pretty good.

In fact, after the show ... Maybin tells TMZ his online gallery had “one of, if not THE biggest nights” of sales he’s ever seen.

AM says he was bummed out that his release from the team was televised -- telling us, "I turned my phone off last night, I just didn’t want to talk to anyone.” But when he turned it back on, Aaron says he was bombarded with messages from people asking how to get their hands on his artwork.

Maybin says he's feeling much better about his future today -- saying, "Regardless of whatever happens football-wise, I'm probably gonna make more money in my art career."

Dude could have a point -- we're told some of Aaron's pieces have sold for up to $20,000.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Pudding Tang

Nice going Aaron, at least you're dealing something legal.

hategroove

Props for turning a negative into a positive.good for you meng.

billybob

He's utterly talentless, those pics work only with a LSD trip

Celeb Gossip Addict

I don't like the two pieces you posted. I'm going to see if I can find more of his work. I wish him luck with either career or both.

Urbanhopper

At least he has another skill. We should auction some on urbanhopper

datruth

Slow news day TMZ? A positive article on an African American male?

SunnyAutumn

Mmmm. I want him to paint me something.

Livvie

Good for him.

Christy

He got 20 some million dollars guaranteed in his rookie deal, he'll be fine...nice guy too

Sam

what if james harrison hates the media so much is because they actually have the potential to go to the Super Bowl and no one gave them a second look. it was always either San Fran, Balltimore, Denver, Hernendez, and now all these people are watching them practice and they can see how good they are and are also talking them up about going to the Super Bowl. James harrison was going to be a veteren and pass the beaton to some rookies and saw here you go lets beat better then the 1972 Dolphins