Cory Monteith's Mom

Klugman's Son is Wrong

My Son Deserves This

9/22/2013 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0922_cory_monteith_getty
Cory Monteith's mom thinks Jack Klugman's son has it all wrong -- because Cory could have been the next Jack Klugman had he lived.

Ann McGregor thinks Adam Klugman is being unfair, telling TMZ her son is absolutely worthy of getting a special in memoriam honor at tonight's Emmy Awards ... even though Jack isn't getting one.

Ann tells us she believes you cannot judge worthiness by a person's age because her son was on a path of greatness -- not only with his acting and singing abilities ... but with the charitable work he did.

Ann tells us, "If he had lived 30 more years he would have accomplished much more."

Ann believes Adam Klugman is misdirected ... and thinks its coming from a place of a son who loves and misses his father.

FYI -- Ann isn't going to the Emmys tonight and won't even watch because she says it's too painful.

Spike

Get real! Jack Klugman had impact for how many years? Montieth one show? Sorry for your loss Mom. However, this Hollywood seems to want to honor degenerates and druggies and not people who made a "real" contribution over a lifetime. Once again they have their priorities out of line with main stream America.

scott thomas

Now we celebrate drug over-doses. OMG!!

Vince

Newsflash, your son was a junkie piece of **** who got what he deserved. Junkies are good to nobody. All they are are selfish individuals who only think about their next high. Good Riddance!!

Buns n Roses

With all due respect this kid is nothing next to Jack. Sorry to hear that this kid didn't make it past his prime. The Emmys is full of bs. I guess you have use drugs and sleep around to get anywhere in Hollywood. Glad to be a regular kind of guy and have a parent that will do anything to save my life. Instead of a parent that is pretending that everything's alright. Jack will forever rock in my book.

tessa

There should/could be time to honor them both.

becky

why can't they both be honored I don't get it. and you all seem to forget cory was on glee which has been emmy nominated several times and has made a huge impact. secondly if you are going to call cory an undeserving drug addict can you at least spell his name right

Zarley

It's all for ratings.The tweens will watch now.

Rachel

It's his mother, so of course she is going to defend him. But, she's disillusional. Jack Klugman's son was absolutely right with what he said, and Hollywood knows it.

teedofftaxpayer

Why can't all those who have died in the last year not be honored? Klugman was an icon in his days, because he hasn't been on tv in a few years makes him no less than a star. Don't take me wrong, I like Corey but he did kill himself, maybe by accident but there is no reason to put him on a pedestal.

Madisonkim

Jack Klugman should be honored instead of Corey. Honoring Corey is ridiculous and just catering to the young teens who don't know anything about great actors who've lived a lifetime performing as great characters.

jeni

It never ceases to amaze me the things people say on comment feeds. You can comment without degrading another human being. I love Glee and was upset when Cory died. I agree that honoring Cory instead of Klugman and Hagman is wrong. To the person who called Cory's mom a bitch. Put yourself in her place KELLY.

jeni

Marsha

I have a great idea. Why don't we start giving awards to the unborn? That way, they could already have their awards in advance--in case they become great actors. I'm not against honoring Monteith in some fashion--there's no reason not to. But doing so at the expense of excluding actors with a long and distinguished acting career seems very wrong to me.

Simone

Sorry Cory's mama but your son DIDN'T live 30 so all your shouds, coulda, woulda is for not.

Perhaps your couda, shoulda, woulda is better directed at YOU in regards to your son OD'ing on drugs.

Your son was not even in the same league as Klugman or Hagman. Shame on Emmy folks for using Cory as a way to attract a younger Emmy audience.

Craig

Monteith's Mom cleary is still grief stricken, yet also very proud of him. I don't blame her for this. So her comment in my opinion don't count.
Jack Klugman should of got the nod, but due to IDIOTS wanting to sway the younger crowd, the HEAD IDIOT thought Monteith should get the award. He is in a field of actors that paid their dues, worked for years. Dude really has not done anything. I still feel sorry for that family.