Kanye West

SETTLES Case

With Bev Hills Beating Victim

1/28/2014 1:58 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0120-kanye-west-alleged-victom-fight-x17online-3
The guy Kanye West beat up in the waiting room of a Beverly Hills chiropractor hit the jackpot ... scoring a settlement of MORE THAN $250,000 ... TMZ has learned.

Sources familiar with the negotiations tell us ... the young man who allegedly hurled racial epithets at Kim earlier this month has agreed to the civil settlement and now feels satisfied enough that he does NOT want to go forward with a criminal prosecution.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the D.A. has not decided whether to charge Kanye with battery. The reality is ... there's almost no chance of that happening.  First, the D.A. now has an uncooperative victim.  Second, the victim's alleged racial epithets will not sit well with the jury.  And there are probably lots of Kanye fans in the jury pool.

We're told during the settlement negotiations the victim's demand soared to the upper 6 figures, so $250K is just a fraction.

We called Kanye's civil lawyer, Shawn Holley for comment ... but we got nothin'.

Nevertheless ... we're calling it case closed.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

BLUE UGLY 💩

Coonye should be put in jail, you don't abuse strangers like you do Kim

Strunz28

This is a disgrace. This POS shouldn't have gotten a penny. Disgraceful.

H8Kardash

Thats the american dream right there folks

Ali

Kanye would have spent more than that in attorneys fees if it went to trial, so he considers it cheaper

Bean

Kanye has fans,lol!!!!

dman

Mouth breather.

bernergirl

When people crimmanly break the law, there should alway be prosecution. Why didn't the DA press charges on his behalf. They did that for Rhianna right? (or am I missing something)

Laughing at celebrities is fun.

Beating up people for free speech? He should be put in jail.

Phil Mcl

If this kid really said those things to Kim, why would they pay him. I would take my chances with the jury.

jj

Well there you go man, you got what you wanted right? You pathetic loser. Throwing racial slurs and harassing someone until they beat you, and then cry about it in order to get money out of them. Waow that's one hell of a pathetic loser to me. I hate Kanye and KK but even I would never sink this low to get money. I'd rather be a stripper or a prostitute rather than get beat up in order to get money. Especially coming from a man, that is just sad and cowardice.

Biebersgranny

the kid asked for it basically. Little punk

IamJacksweekoff

Love how one of the reasons not to prosecute is because Kanye has a lot of fans. So celebrities are above the law because of their "fans"?
That's nice.

Urmomma

I'm calling Kanye and Kim every name I can think of if I see them. I want a 7 figure payday.

SoManyIdiots

Ironically, mainly white people go to his concerts and buy his music. Their money now goes from their pockets to Kanye's to the little racist white kid.

Urmomma