'Snake Salvation'

Dead Pastor

Violated Law

2/17/2014 8:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0216-snake-salvation-8
The pastor who died Saturday from a snake bite violated Kentucky law by displaying and handling the deadly reptile during his church service ... TMZ has learned.

Jamie Coots was bitten by a rattlesnake while preaching to his congregation.  He refused medical treatment and died a short time later.

We did some digging ... and found a Kentucky law which says, "Any person who displays, handles or uses any kind of reptile in connection with any religious service or gathering shall be fined not less than $50 nor more than $100."

Kentucky Game Warden Ray Lawson tells TMZ ... Coots had proper permits to transport, hold and sell copperhead and timber rattlesnakes, but he acknowledges the state law prohibiting the use of snakes in religious ceremonies.

Lawson says his dept. has no authority to enforce the state law.  He says that's the job of the cops, but they don't enforce it.

We called the police ... but so far no answer.

moonshake

Justice served.

john flynn

Pastor Coots is the next villain in the spider-man movies SNAKEMAN..He will inject you with his snake juice.R.I.P

swagology

I wanna high five the guy on the right I can handle it lol

nick

He wanted to go to heaven

nick

He was stupid to do that but if he served Jesus he is in heaven , a beautiful place wITH STREETS OF GOLD

atomicplaygirl

Darwinism in effect.

JayJay

Ironic he was taken out by the Symbol of the Devil ....
That's usually what happens if you play with snakes

BIEBER GO HOME!!! ▬(~_-)▬►

Damn,

I could have paid him to mail Bieber some snakes!

Bill Foresman

Ha ha ha justice was served according to the guys religion God took care of it.

taz

You "called the police"?? Are you trying to have the dead guy arrested? Whatcha smokin' TMZ?

JayJay

I just can't put my finger on it but something is off with that picture

HRH Prince Michael

@ "Truth": How DARE you -and others- attempt to
deny the existence of The Creator of Heaven and Earth, and ALL that is in them. Now, put you money where your mouth is: Gather all the Heathens like you, and come-up with $10M (1/2 to Charity).
Then -With The True and Living Yahweh, as My Witness- YOU can name MY POISON. I'll guzzle, then
I'll do "The King David Dance" . Then, I might just jack-slap you into next-week.
Now step-up Heathen.

JayJay

Any updates on if the snake has recovered ?

k

One less dumb redneck

Patlouela

Let these snakes alone .... you suppose they liked being treated like this ? Where is PETA on this issue ?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments