Amanda Bynes

Mortified At Drake 'Vagina' Comment

2/26/2014 12:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0225_amanda_bynes_tattoo_akm
Amanda Bynes
has turned it around in a big way ... and one of the markers is that she is now remorseful about things she did and said when she was at her worst -- particularly her comment about Drake, "I want Drake to murder my vagina."

Sources directly connected with Amanda tell TMZ ... she is in the territory of being her old self again.  They say the fact that the Drake comment "horrifies her" shows she again has a sense of the difference between right and wrong.

But there's more.  We're told Amanda has stopped smoking weed, she's in the process of removing a number of inappropriate tattoos, and she's kind to people with whom she interacts.

Most impressive ... Amanda is now at FIDM -- the Fashion Institute of Design Merchandising in Orange County -- and she's become so self-confident she makes presentations to her entire class and freely interacts with her classmates.

TMZ broke the story ... Amanda was diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolarity.  It's apparent the meds and the therapy are working.

0131_amanda_bynes_through_years_footer

appalled

Good for her. Bipolar is a brutal illness, never mind adding schizophrenia to the mix. Thats rough. It's a relief to see someone in hollywood actually have people close enough to them who can get them help without trying to benefit for themselves. I hope she makes an acting comeback, I've always enjoyed her movies, and before her very humiliating public meltdown, she was a very rare, private, class act.

Pillsbury Pancakes

Welcome back Amanda! Dancing with the stars, here she comes

KeepYo2cents

Aww. I am uber happy for her. At least somebody finally decided to get better and actually is. I hope she keeps fighting the good fight because I loved her since Nickelodeon..itd be a shame if she waste away her talent doin all that crazy stuff she was doin.

Leemah

I love hearing this kind of news about teen stars who've grown up and hit bumps in the road. Not all of them end up dead and/or ruined.

Molly Feelgood

I'm happy for her! Its amazing when 1 can bounce back ...

jdigity

I would use her panties as my coffee filter. Crazy but hot

hmm

i go to her gym and she actually hit on my friend's boyfriend and said "do you know who i am?!" and he said no, and she proceeded to stare at him for the rest of his workout and then she followed him out to the parking lot. also, she is still smoking weed. she smokes at the gym out back by the pool area. i saw her buying rolling papers at the gas station right next to the gym.

JanaeC

I love her! Will always be a fan. She looks amazing too

NameNotImportat

Once again she mentions Drake's name and Drake doesn't care. Typical self important white girl. Meanwhile Drake is somewhere with a chick that isn't bat **** crazy, pale and ugly as ****.

Numapass

... And maybe the cheeseburgers as well.

nevernude

Lets try to stick to one primary diagnosis- schizophrenia or BPD w/ psychotic features...

Pamela

I'm so happy for Amanda-that she is on the right track. As a parent of a child with BiPolar, I know she can have a wonderful life if she stays on her meds and goes to therapy as my daughter has done and still doing!. Proud of you Amanda! Just as I'm so proud and blown away at how great my daughter is doing!!!!! Mental illness is not a joke nor does it have to cripple ones life.

1801

I am so proud things have turned around for her. I wish her much happiness.

SaphireStar

I have always loved her as an actress. Just so glad she is doing better & getting all the help she needs and didn't end up a statistic. You Go Girl!!! Stay Strong!

DeeMaree

So glad fro Amanda. But tmz she is not seeking the limelight. She is no longer acting. She clearly wants to go a different way with her life. Why don't you respect that and leave her be. You have plenty of rappers and rapper want to be s to keep these threads full.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments