« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ex-NFL Star Michael Clayton

Thank God Lil Boosie's Free!!

3/6/2014 7:12 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0306-clyton-boosie-01

Former NFL wide receiver Michael Clayton has been friends with Lil Boosie since they were kids -- and he tells TMZ Sports he's VERY EXCITED his "dawg" is finally out of prison.

Boosie was released from Louisiana State Penitentiary on Wednesday, where the rapper had been locked up since 2009 for drugs.

Now that Boosie's free, Clayton -- who was a beast on the Tampa Bay Bucs -- says, "For me, it feels really good that he's out."

"He's got a sweet soul," Clayton says ... "He took care of a lot of people before he went to prison."

Clayton says he just spoke with Boosie's mother -- who says she's "very happy to have her baby home."

Michael -- who stayed in touch with Boosie throughout his prison stint -- is also optimistic that Boosie left the pokey a changed man.

"He learned a good lesson," Michael says ... "Sometimes being behind them bars helps you learn."

for-more_footer_graphic

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Shoozie

I have NO idea who this jail bird is.

cara

Yeah THANK GOD because I don't know what the world would do without this idiot. And btw can they not think of original names anymore? We haven all these Lil' rappers nowadays. ..

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

I'd hate to be the person who owns the home this Boozy character is breaking into right now.

adub1103

My cousin's wife's sister's dog's former owner's neighbor makes 7$ an hour working at macdonalds. Go get a real job and stop filling the comments with that dumb ****

negreat

I am guessing Clyaton was buying drugs from this drug dealer. I lot sports stars on drugs and use substances to hide their drug use from the NFL. The NFL needs to get more strict on drug use. If a player is caught with drugs in his system he should be let go from the NFL. Lots of kids look up,sports stars who have drug problems. Clean up the NFL!

toddpugz7111