Sam Worthington Assault Case

Hey Officer, Do You Know Who I Am??

4/1/2014 8:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0401-sam-lara-01

Sam Worthington played the celebrity card when he was arrested for allegedly attacking a photog ... asking the cop, "Have you seen the movie, 'Avatar?'" ... this according to the photog's lawyer.

Photographer Sheng Li was in court this AM ... he's also charged with assault as well as harassment.  Sheng's lawyer, Mark Heller, painted his client as the victim of a boorish star, who assaulted his client and then tried robbing him by grabbing his camera and attempting to steal it.

Worthington was not in court ... his case is being handled separately.

It's unclear what Heller is trying to do here -- because if his client really did assault Worthington, it doesn't matter if Worthington tried playing the celeb card.

But the always entertaining Heller knows how to put on a show.

belyoe

"i was the blue Guy in avatar"

pudge facker

Is that a pic of Charlize Theron??

Gretel

DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!!!???

Nobody.Puts.Bieber.In.A.Corner

Isn't this the emotionless actor who ruined the clash movies?

Oscar

This is too freakin funny. I mean when was the last time or any time that you went to see a movie saying " Sam Worthington is an AWESOME actor"......... Yeah that's what I thought , NEVER. The flying pterodactyl's in Avatar were more memorable than him. And let's not forget that he never even gets rid of his Australian accent when it comes to portraying a character in a movie. HES JUST AWEFUL.

lemon

Yes we do know who are, you are the guy that stars in all those sh*tty movies. What a loser.

Amy

It's one thing for Reese Witherspoon to pull the "do you know who I am" thing, but who is this guy? No, I never saw Avatar. Is that all he's been in? How embarrassing for him.

Tony626

So you fruits wouldn't beat someone up if they attacked your twin bf?

jay26mc

He should have told him he was in Call of Duty instead of Avatar.

BIGROB

If I'm the cop: Avatar? That crappy overhyped movie based on overgrown purple Sea Monkeys? Yeah i saw it and wanted my money back and tasered this douche!

William Foresman

Cameras have telephoto lenses on them and if that doesn't work they deserve to get their ass kicked for being too close!

VetiPie

You mess with the Aussies then you will get wacked. The first part the paparazzi blocked the woman's path. He stepped in front of her and she walked into him. Then he started ranting she assaulted me. He assaulted her and Sam stood up for her. All he did was shove, if it had been my wife I would smashed his cameras in his face.

think101

Would love to know what the Officer said. LOL

Trooper tom

I know who this terrible actor is but I had no clue who this Bingle chick was so I looked her up just another run of the mill D lister thinking she is on the A list

Trooper Tom