Shia LaBeouf

Chased Around a Homeless Guy

Hours Before Arrest

6/27/2014 8:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0627_shia_photos_launchBefore Shia LaBeouf got arrested and thrown out of a Broadway show ... he argued with a homeless guy on the streets of New York ... over a hat.

According to an eyewitness, a few hours before his arrest ... Shia confronted a homeless guy on the street. It appeared to the witness as if Shia thought the hat was his and Shia was trying to get it back.

You can see in the photos ... Shia is chasing after the homeless guy as he runs around holding the hat.

The eye witness tells TMZ, Shia was acting as if he knew the guy, but Shia seemed "whacked out" and was making no sense. The witness claims Shia kept saying, "It's me, Shia."

Eric

Which one is the homeless man?

rlemons

I've always loved Shia I think he really is an amazing actor and no one has ever said a bad thing about him up until this past year. He's clearly on something and hope the people around him get him help before he becomes another Hollywood tragedy. That would be just awful.

whofuggincares

"See the potos" you guys check the pictures but you don't spellcheck? LMAO

KevinJG

I need shia to give the homeless guy by my job the same treatment. Allways following me around asking for cigs n money.

luckycat

WANTS A REALITY SHOW!

Leslie

Not everyone can handle fame. Such a shame because he really is a good actor.

Ozzie X

He needs psychiatric and counseling help. He has a diluted self explanatory style. Most m egomaniacs exhibit this behavior drunk or sober.

DCFoxracing101

You ever think maybe the homeless guy actually DID steal his hat? Homeless people steal too if someone stole my hat I'd be just as mad. But it does make me sad to see Shia spiraling down the way he has been. I used to love watching him on tv from when he started on Even Stevens. But maybe the guy didn't steal his hat either. Who knows we weren't there and just because a witness was there doesn't mean the guy didn't steal the hat. The witness could have gotten there after the guy "stole the hat". No one knows or will ever know so I think we shouldn't be judgemental.

Marco Polo

Is there no one that loves him enough to intervene and get him treatment before it's too late? Look at Amanda Bynes whose parents intervened and in my opinion, saved her life. Doesn't he have anyone that cares for him??

Obvious justice

He's a joke ... Was never really an actor

betseymcqueen

What's a "poto" tmz?

Whocatea123

Lmaoooooooooooo love it !

Whocatea123

I love nyc!!! Only u can get away with crazy sh*t like that and no one looks at you funny ! Shia must've been on some drugs orbit was his hat or he decided to just act crazy that day ! Lol gotta admit that hilarious lolol 😝😝😝😝

Nonetheless looser

Child rapist he is be ware

crystlee81

On the eve of the release of the new transformers movie?! Coincidence? I think not....