Jenni Rivera

Cops ARRESTED for Stealing Items from Crash Site

12/13/2012 9:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1213-getty-jenni-rivera
Two Mexican police officers have been ARRESTED -- after officials say they stole items from the Jenni Rivera plane crash site.

According to government officials, at least one of the cops is suspected of leaking crash scene photographs to the media ... including shots of body parts and personal documents.

Officials say investigators searched the homes of the alleged crooked cops ... and found items belonging to some of the victims.

One of the cops is 23 years old ... the other is 24.

Corrupt cops in Mexico? Who'da thunk it.

update_bar
11:20 AM PT -- A rep for the Mexican Consulate in L.A. tells TMZ ... "We have over 2,000,000 police officers [in Mexico], and unfortunately some of these officers have been corrupt in the past, but we cannot generalize that the whole force is corrupt."

The rep adds, "Mexico has been working very hard to make their citizens and tourists safe, however it is not fair to judge the whole tree based upon a few bad apples."

1213_remembering_jenni_rivera_footer

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

A gossip website operating out of L.A. (Rampart / CRASH, anyone?) that gets inside information from the police all the time (that is impossible to get without paying off some LAPD cops) is calling out Mexican cops for corruption and unethical behaviour? Want some extra grease with your hypocrisy, Harvey?

TNastyFunktown

Speaking of which, how many homes were looted during Hurricane Sandy? Plenty. Cruelty knows no boundaries.

HillbillyHell

You kidding me, amigo? Mexican cops are the most corrupt in the world.

ToxxicKissez

At least they admit it. Here in the states and canada they like to cover it up.

radddd

These guys have posted horrifying video

Proudmexican

Cop corruption is not exclusive to Mexico dont generalize

pam

To generalize Mexico in such away shows racism....... I gather all the guys in blue here are perfect. LOL and would never do anything like take coke out of an evidence room and resell it.

Bravo600

I have no problem with Mexico as a country or culture – great people. That being said, if I had to be arrested, I’d rather be arresting in the US any day. I believe most people would agree, whether they would do so aloud or not. I live near the border and know firsthand of frightening incidents of corrupt police in Mexico. Of course, we have corruption in the US, but not on the scale found in Mexico. There are good and bad cops everywhere, but I would go with a US every time.

Truth hurts

Even though their is corruption in Mexico, atleast when a cop does something bad, he is punished properly for it, not like in USA where if a cop beats someone up, or kills someone for no reason he just gets a desk job.

gerber

So sad so sorry

EastCoastChopper

There is nothing more dangerous than a Mexican cop...They can just kill you...or jail you...same same.

jaythepirate

Yea tmz don't generalize ppl by there race. That's like us saying everyone who works at tmz is a donut pusher cause.Harvey likes chocolate on his coneydog

Hernandez

"Some" Mexican cops are corrupt same as US cops! Same **** different country.

Timmy Boy

Sorry to break it to "Hernandez" EVERYONE in mexico is corrupt. And I do mean EVERYONE.

whatever

I think I'm going to take a break from TMZ for awhile. The fact that you would generalize something negative with a whole group of people is sad and disgusting! I seriously visit the website daily but I will not be doing that anymore. Please reconsider letting your biggot staff members include their opinion in these articles. Btw Mexican is not a race it is a Nationality... I'm so proud that I have a piece of that! :)