« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Todd Helton Police Report

Drunk Lotto Ticket Run

2/7/2013 7:44 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0206-todd-helton-mug-shot-tmz
Colorado Rockies superstar Todd Helton -- who once signed a $141.5 MILLION contract -- was arrested for DUI while trying to drunkenly buy LOTTERY TICKETS ... this according to cops.

TMZ obtained the police report filed by the Thornton Police Department after the 39-year-old slugger was popped at a gas station in Colorado early Wednesday morning.

According to the report, cops tracked down Helton after receiving a tip that Todd's black Ford F-150 had struck a median and then parked at a nearby gas station.

When cops arrived to the scene, police say they saw Helton stumbling out of the gas station -- stinking of booze -- and clutching lottery tickets in his hand.

Cops say Helton denied striking a median ... but "made spontaneous statements about drinking two igloo cups of red wine."

Helton was eventually arrested on 3 counts of DUI ... but according to the report he was "respectful and professional throughout the entire process."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sir Paul McCartney

If i can give up "Pot"...You can give up the drinking pal!

JP

where is his neck?

Sir Paul McCartney

I smoked my share. When you’re bringing up a youngster, your sense of responsibility does kick in, if you’re lucky, at some point.

‘Enough’s enough – you just don’t seem to think it’s necessary. I'd been a rather straight working class lad, but when we started to get into pot it seemed to me to be quite uplifting. It didn't seem to have too many side effects like alcohol or some of the other stuff, like pills, which I pretty much kept off. I kind of liked marijuana and to me it seemed it was mind-expanding, literally mind-expanding. So 'Got To Get You Into My Life' is really a song about that. It's not to a person, it's actually about pot. It's saying, 'I'm going to do this. This is not a bad idea.' So it's actually an ode to pot, like someone else might write an ode to chocolate or a good claret. I haven't really changed my opinion too much, except if anyone asks me for real advice, it would be stay straight. That is actually the best way, but in a stressful world I still would say that pot was one of the best of the tranquilizing drugs. I have drunk and smoked pot and of the two I think pot is less harmful. People tend to fall asleep on it rather than go out and commit murder, so it's always seemed to me to be a rather benign one.

Ozzie X

Oh man really? Times must be tough for a MLB player. He must have been seriously drunk to feel the need for Lotto tickets at 2:30AM.

plasteredsnow

TMZ keepin celebs on their toes

DOC

I am completely against drunk driving and have been since getting custody of my two beautiful grandchildren. I just know I could never live with myself if my impaired driving resulted in the serious injury or death of somebody else's babies. I am not perfect. I have been known to drive highly impaired and have a dwi charge of my own in the past. I wish people would not have to go through their own changes in life like me to quit driving drunk. You can destroy so much in so little time.....

Nun ja biz

We all make mistakes! He has always been a positive role model and made a poor choice. Drinking and driving is a serious thing and he should pay the price.

John

I can think of no one who condones drunk driving. Helton's case is no different. However, he's a still just a regular person, albeit a baseball player. He's done a lot for his community, for those in need, and his team. More good than most do in a lifetime. I'm not a baseball guy.
Don't know Helton personally, but have heard many a good thing about him as person. He'll pay the price, as he should. He's done more in good in life than bad, I for one will continue to support him.

OooooNooo!

Got to love a drunk that is "respectful and professional"

JDUB

He signed a $141 million contract and feels the need to play the lottery?

dathan

They stopped selling booze....so he played the Lotto

kitnplayn

Proving once again that American greed is beyond belief. The guy has hundreds of millions of dollars, and he is buying lottery tickets.

SoManyIdiots

Interesting. In some communities, that's called a snitch......

SLEWFOOT JACKSON

drink in mederation my friend and same got for buying lotto tickets because them lotto tickets my vice lol grab a tee for a good cause not just because

EarlyCuyler

141 million dollars after government taxes = 25 thousand per year.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments